CrazyBoards.org

What do you do?

Guest Guest_newbie9999_*

Guest Guest_newbie9999_*

I am feeling very anti-med and self destructive tonight and i dont have anyone to talk to about it. What do I do?

I am feeling very anti-med and self destructive tonight and i dont have anyone to talk to about it. What do I do?

Depends on what you mean by "self-destructive" If the word you're really looking for is "suicidal" call a local suicide hotline - they do have people to talk to regarding what services are available.

For a person in crisis, it's meds first to stabilize the situation, and only later comes the talk therapy. Many people disapprove, but most of them fail to understand that dead people don't respond well to talk therapy.

Even if you're not feeling dangerous to yourself/someone else, there are still phone lines that you can call who will listen to you vent. When I'm in that place, I often call my local LGBT phone line. Maybe there's a phone line somewhere that you could call? I also come here and vent ;)

I'm with Null and Tryp. If I were you, I would try calling a hotline. I have before many times. They are helpful and nice people. Trust me, they are there to help if you are in a crisis.

Also, Stay on your meds. It feels like it would be easy to ditch them but it will just make a hard situation harder. And if you feel like you are a danger to yourself, get thee to an ER.

I hope you feel better soon.

Sometimes one of the elements of being self destructive is a tendency to believe that no one will understand or care. We understand and care. So it's likely that other people will. You could call a hotline, tell a doctor, confide in a friend or relative. You just need to take that step and reach out.

Guest Guest_newbie9999_*

I guess that that was a big part of it......feeling like no one cared how I felt. When I said self-destructive I didn't mean that I was going to hurt myself. I meant more like not taking meds, staying up all night, and drinking. I know that if these feelings continue I will probably have to talk to my pdoc about it. I am hoping that things will resolve on their own.

Archived