CrazyBoards.org

who supports your support?

I am lucky to have a very kind, thoughtful, patient husband who's trying hard to understand what I'm going through. But even though I've gotten a lot better at keeping irritability under control, it is still really, really hard on him to see this happening to me. I'm doing all I can to get better, but it's a long, slow road. I feel so bad for him, and I'm just wondering what your families/friends/SOs do to cope. He can't talk to his family about all this stuff, they'd never understand, and they're not even good at being supportive for a nosebleed or a hangnail, let alone something like this.

My tdoc and hubby have gotten together a couple of times when things were hard for me... so tdoc could support hubby and hubby could get more information about how to be supportive, and how to get his own support.

Most communities have some kind of anonymous help line. Local public mental health or NAMI chapter should offer something in the way of support group/individual support for families of people w/MI.

Good luck!

Woo

Archived