CrazyBoards.org

I cant believe so few people take clozaril! It seems to help everything from BPD to schizophrenia. I havent been dxed schizophrenia yet, I have to get a second opinion. I have BPD for sure and some sort of indeterminate psychosis, if abilify continues to be not as effective as it should (30mgs) and if they arrive at a schizophrenia diagnosis then it's clozaril for me. But hopefully abilify should suffice. I LOVE abilify, I get no side effects at 30mgs whatsoever!  ;)   Long live aripiprazole. Mind you, it has only been on the market here since October last year, god knows what terrible long term effects await!

• 2 weeks later...

Does anybody take clozapine/clozaril? Im looking to know how effective it is and what side effects (in particular weight gain).

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I take clozaril :) Currently I take 150, but I have been as high as 450.  It has been a great drug for me and am thinking about upping it for awhile.  Sure the blood work is a hassle, every week for the first 6 months and then every 2 weeks for the duration.  And I did gain some weight in the beginning, but the urge to eat carbs does subside with time.

I take it for it my suicidal ideation ......that's where my depression w/ psychotic features takes me ;)

Let me know how it turns out......

Archived