CrazyBoards.org

Medication for bipolar?

Ok went to pdoc today have not been put on anything for this (bipolar) for about 9 years. Then it was only Depakote. the only reason I am going now is because i just cannot take it anymore I am ready to kill someone..l. Got a question for all you guys out there....Received three prescriptions today 1) Seroquel 100 mg 1x morning- 2x 100 night time 2) Keppra 500 mg 1x bedtime 3) wellbutrin 1 x 150 mg morning 1x 150 evening.  I have been reading alot on here and this seems to be quiet high not sure of the side effects either or how long it might take to wind down. My mind is running off  and I can`t concentrate,sleep eat carry a conversation anymore.  Anybody who has any suggestions or experience on these please let me know. Thanks...........

Becki

I'm not that familiar with all the various BP states, don't know which type of mania it triggered, but Wellbutrin sent my panic disorder into overdrive and I had nasty rage attacks.  It was one of the worst manias I've ever experienced.  :::shudders:::  Not to alarm you or anything (too late now, huh?).

Ok went to pdoc today have not been put on anything for this (bipolar) for about 9 years. Then it was only Depakote. the only reason I am going now is because i just cannot take it anymore I am ready to kill someone..l. Got a question for all you guys out there....Received three prescriptions today 1) Seroquel 100 mg 1x morning- 2x 100 night time 2) Keppra 500 mg 1x bedtime 3) wellbutrin 1 x 150 mg morning 1x 150 evening.

was on depakote...gained QUITE a few punds on it first month

was on seroquel...first few weeks it knocked me on my ass, but tapered off

the wellbutrin?  sent me into manic OD.  was EXTREMELY homocidal and suicidal on it

Wow, three medications to start at the same time.  Be sure to keep track of side effects and report them to your doctor.  I have no experience with Keppra, but your dose is the same as the recommended dosage.  I myself really like Seroquel and rely on it for its calming effect.  That dosage seems to be high for starting considering the highly sedating effects.  I started at 25 mgs at night which got increased gradually until I could experiment with a morning dosage.  Wellbutrin has been a good AD for me and I was fortunate to only experience increased anxiety for a few weeks.  Make sure you read the profiles of all 3 medicines that are posted at the crazymeds site.

Katie B)

That seems like alot of Seroquel to start out with, but I suppose if you are a maniacal monkey it might be necessary.  100mg in the AM might knock you totally on your ass though.

Wellbutrin sucked for me.  But I know alot of people who swear by it,  so you never know.  Good luck!

That seems like alot of Seroquel to start out with, but I suppose if you are a maniacal monkey it might be necessary.  100mg in the AM might knock you totally on your ass though.

Wellbutrin sucked for me.  But I know alot of people who swear by it,  so you never know.  Good luck!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

;)   Well I must say that I am feeling ALOT better . I can sleep. I have sorta done all of my own research on here (weather that is good or bad ? well we shall see) I am not taking all of this stuff that he prescribed me. I have not tried the Wellbutrin (tried that once before to quit smoking I only smoked more....was too aggitated and aggervated)I have however tried my Keppra and Seroquel but I am only taking 100 mg of seroquel (not 200 as he suggested) at night along with my 500mg of Keppra. I am not taking my 100mg of serquel in the morning. I am not taking anything in the morning. I feel better though I have been sleeping (for the past two nights ) about 13 hours a night and my body is thanking me.My thoughts seemed to have slowed way down but I think maybe it is because I am sleeping some now....as for the anxiety part of it( I like to call it paranoid) I am still have some attacks of that. You know the what if this happened? What if that happened? and it is always the most unreasonable things when you look back on it. But I have started trying to catch myself when I do this and stop it but as with anything this will take time and I am greatful to have alll of you guys to help me through it. Thanks so much............

:) Becki :P  

• 3 weeks later...

Just curious about how you are doing now that its been a few weeks Becki?

good i hope?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

;)   I beleive my life is more screwed up now than before. Because some days are good some days are bad. I know I should be thankful for the good but now I know I can have a good day so when I have a bad day it makes things worse because I KNOW things can be BETTER. My cocktail has been switched around somewhat here lately well hell why am I saying lately? I just started trying to treat this three weeks ago. I really like my Keppra though. I take it about every eight hours and at the present time I am on nothing else. I was taken off from the Wellbutrin and put on Lithium and it made me vomit profusely along with nose bleeds (just a terrible experience) and I quit taking the seroquel except for when I have problems sleeping.I just cannot take all of the drowsiness. I have a two year old (I also have a 8 yr old and my 11 yr old sister lives with me) and well you just can`t sleep through that. Right now I am kinda going through a depressive time....I am just frustrated with all of this. I just have a lot of issues I am trying to deal with right now which I plan to post on another board (I`ve still got issues or maybe the springer board) once I get up the nerve to actually talk about it.To let you guys know who I am and all my dirty laundry somehow I feel that this would be a safe place to to do with everybody knowing and feeling first hand what it is that I am going through. But all the same thank you for asking ,this board has been a lot of help to me almost like a serious no bullshit support group.And to be honest I agree that straight forward non sugar coated answers or suggestions is what we need. This is more real and so much more serious than what people without it want to think. Just the thought of knowing that your brain "the heart of your soul" is broken is almost more than a person can bare.Thanks for caring.

Becki

Archived