CrazyBoards.org

anxiety = starts on its own for no reason...

Anyone else get this?

Sometimes I just seem to get anxious/depressed for no reason at all. I'm maybe sitting in work and I feel completely on edge.

This then tends to make me focus on something silly that does then make me worry even more. For instance, I might start getting insecure/paranoid about something my wife said to me.

Sometimes, it is also the case that something triggers my anxiety/depression but it seems to start either way.

On the plus side, I try and tell myself if the anxiety starts for no reason, then it must be me thats the problem not the external thing I end up worrying about. i.e. my paranoia/insecurity is a depression thing rather than a true worry.

Have you seen a GP? And have they referred you to therapy. I can't say this enough to you, I think you need a professional therapist to help you.

Have you seen a GP? And have they referred you to therapy. I can't say this enough to you, I think you need a professional therapist to help you.

Yeh. I'm a pro at seeing GPs, psychologists , councsellors, psychiatrists... LOL (sorry I should have explained).

Yep. Been taking medication for years. Different ones. Currently Celexa.

Been doing CBT for a few weeks now as well.

yup yup yup !! i am sooooooo like you ..

i have anxiety over well basically nothing but it certainly doesnt feel that way .. ive been told its called generalised anxiety disorder .. which is added to the long list of other probs i have !! .. lovely !!

it is horrible .. im like it alot lately ..

I am like this all of the time! I could be sitting watching TV not thinking about anything then all of a sudden get really on edge, intrusive thoughts come in and make things worse and then end up feeling like that for the rest of the day.

I am like this all of the time! I could be sitting watching TV not thinking about anything then all of a sudden get really on edge, intrusive thoughts come in and make things worse and then end up feeling like that for the rest of the day.

Does anyone else just get agitated for no reason?

absolutely.

anxious and/or agitated suddenly and for no reason. For many years, well until I got dx'd 3 yrs ago, I believed that when it hit out-of-the-blue that it meant that something terrible was happening or will happen to one of my kids.

Now I'm getting it that it's physical, not psychic for the most part- although there's enough precognition to not rule it out altogether.

and sometimes a mild spell of worry will suddenly trigger sickening guilt and sadness and I start crying and can't stop until it just- stops.

Hi PC,

I battled with a form of generalised anxiety disorder with acute phobia (of people and public spaces) last year. It was also strongly associated with delusional thoughts and occured during a hypomanic period. I managed to prevent mania and regression into psychosis by going back onto Olanzapine (aka Zyprexa). I am very sensitive to this particular anti-psychotic and at 5mg a day (lowest therapeutic dose) it quiets my mind and stops phobic/delusional thoughts.

There is a difference between anxiety which can be cured by talking and that which can not be. I had the latter and if you think that talking isn't helping your anxiety and your anxiety is encroaching on delusional or preventing you from living your daily life perhaps ask your doctor for more information on which drugs may help you (eg: benzos may be used for anxiety).

Good luck and keep us posted

xSarah

Hi PC,

I battled with a form of generalised anxiety disorder with acute phobia (of people and public spaces) last year. It was also strongly associated with delusional thoughts and occured during a hypomanic period. I managed to prevent mania and regression into psychosis by going back onto Olanzapine (aka Zyprexa). I am very sensitive to this particular anti-psychotic and at 5mg a day (lowest therapeutic dose) it quiets my mind and stops phobic/delusional thoughts.

There is a difference between anxiety which can be cured by talking and that which can not be. I had the latter and if you think that talking isn't helping your anxiety and your anxiety is encroaching on delusional or preventing you from living your daily life perhaps ask your doctor for more information on which drugs may help you (eg: benzos may be used for anxiety).

Good luck and keep us posted

xSarah

Sarah,

thanks for the advice. Unfortunately, benzos seem to be a 'no way' option with my GP. :-(

I am of the opinion that most anxiety doesn't just come "out of nowhere,"

I'm going to have to totally disagree as mine can already be there when I wake up.

I get anxious over anything and everything, too - especially things that I know are completely irrational or don't matter. It usually just appears on its own when my body feels like being anxious.

There is a dx called Generalized Anxiety Disorder and I have that problem. Like the rest of you guys, it just comes out of the blue. I could just be doing whatever and it just happens.

Today I had a cop car following me for about 5 minutes today. It caused a lot of panic and it was exactly the same feeling as these random attacks. I had all kinds of cardio worups done once and it came back to panic disorder so, oh well.

I am of the opinion that most anxiety doesn't just come "out of nowhere,"

I'm going to have to totally disagree as mine can already be there when I wake up.

I get anxious over anything and everything, too - especially things that I know are completely irrational or don't matter. It usually just appears on its own when my body feels like being anxious.

Me too...

Archived