CrazyBoards.org

The weirdest sleep pattern ever for me

This has been happening since I got out of the hospital in November. Quick note: The only change they made to my meds was subbing seroquel for Aitvan for anxiety. I rarely take it though.

Around 8 or 9 PM I get so tired I have no choice but to sleep. So I got to bed and fall asleep. I wake up an hour or two later and it's impossible to get back to sleep. I get up, watch brainless TV programming and am able to get back to sleep around 1 or 2 AM. I wake up around 6 AM and that's it. Can't get back to sleep.

During the day I'm extremely tired and fatigued. Some times I take cat naps in the afternoon but it's rare. Usually I feel this combination of keyed up and dead tired at the same time and I can't sleep during the day.

Two other things: When I went on morphine it made this pattern a little worse but not much. If any of you have been following my thyroid issue my last blood draw was ok so thyroid isn't the problem.

So what gives?

This has been happening since I got out of the hospital in November. Quick note: The only change they made to my meds was subbing seroquel for Aitvan for anxiety.
Have you tried taking the seroquel at night? Before bed? I take mine an hour before bed and it knocks me out and helps me stay asleep. I'm on a low dose though. 100 mgs.

Is your morphine timed that you're not having an w/d discomfort going on at one of those times? I don't know man. Just more crap for you, huh? I know that sleep is imperative if one is to be able to deal with MI or chronic pain and especially when we have both.

What does pdoc say?

Well,

I haven't tried it with the seroquel yet because it seems to depress my breathing some times. only by a slight amount but I'd rather be awake when it happens than asleep, as you can well imagine. I know that sounds screwy but I only take it as a last resort for anxiety.

the morphine timing is fine.

Not getting enough sleep really kinda sucks. Pdoc has no clue. Neither does Gdoc or Neuro. Guess Im just screwed. Thanks for weighing in, though.

Archived