CrazyBoards.org

Oxytocin in a nasal spray

I can't find the article I read (tried googling it and they were all crap). It was about how scientists have developed an oxytocin nasal spray and found it helped children with autism recognise and interact with faces. It's only one study and I haven't actually looked at the journal article.

I'm thinking it has some pretty exciting therapeutic potential for children with reactive attachment disorder. What if you could shortcut the rewiring of their brain and recreate the whole bonding chemicals?

Dude I will totally try some.

All in the name of science of course.

hee hee...

I wonder if it would help w/facial recognition any? That would so kick ass. I would totally use the oxy if it could help me out with that.

Among other reasons.

Dude I will totally try some.

All in the name of science of course.

hee hee...

I wonder if it would help w/facial recognition any? That would so kick ass. I would totally use the oxy if it could help me out with that.

Among other reasons.

It's the snorting part that's part of the allure, isn't it? I mean, really. I have to snort my head drugs. Cool.

Nah, can't do the oxy man. I can't be like Rush. hee hee.

Sorry, i know this thread is serious. I just can't be serious at 0205AM my time. Plus the whole snorting of the head meds. it's killin' me.

Seriously though, I really don't think I could do it. I can't handle anything in my nose. My glaucoma drops, when they go down my nose into my throat....ICK! It's just so gross. BLECH. I don't think I could stand spraying something up my nose.

I do allergy sprays and you get used to it. Just had this mental picture of a toddler lining up powder and snorting it. Ahhaha. Morning meds kiddos!

I must be totally stupid but I totally didn't realise the facial recognition was linked to autism. I suck at recognizing faces and have wondered about prosopagnosia, but I don't think it's quite that bad. I can recognise people I know well or who have distinctive faces.

You're not stupid. Plenty of people who don't have autism have trouble w/facial recognition. I could write all kinds of stories. Especially concerning my niece. She's autistic and OMG, she goes by hairstyle and clothing type. She didn't realize that the principal of the school was different until almost the end of the school year. She thought the new principal was the old principal, only drunk and "kind of trailer trashy."

Archived