CrazyBoards.org

Hello..Newbie here..

Soooo.. I've been lurking these boards for the past couple days. I thought I should finally just introduce myself. I am 23 yrs old, female, married, 3 kids. I have bipolar disorder and am kinda stuck on the fence about gettin on meds.. scared to death of the side effects, number 1 being weight gain. Getting fatter will not make me feel any better.. Ugh.. But I am starting to ramble now. I just wanted to introduce myself. I look forward to posting with you all and getting to know u all.

;)

Welcome to Crazyboards! I think you'll find a lot of different opinions here about the various meds, but ultimately you have to actually try them to find out exactly how your body will react to them. It's a great idea to do a lot of research in advance.

If you have any questions, you can PM a moderator. We do have a few simple rules, and it might be helpful to look them over in the next couple of days.

We're glad to have you with us!

olga

Olga's absolutely right. Everyone reacts differently to different meds. The only thing I would say is that it's better to be symptom-free, or as much as you can be. You can always lose weight.

Personally I'm completely pissed at how much weight I've gained, but now, for the first time in my life I'm starting to think that just MAYBE we've hit on the right medication and I might actually start to feel more stable than I've done in years. If that's the case, it was worth all the experimenting with lithium and depakote and feeling as sick as a dog and no better for 6 months to come to this point where I just feel...well, 'normal' (whatever that is), and I'm not swinging up and down like a crazy woman. Previously, I would have swung up or down by now...but I'm seeming to stay on a level.

It's worth it for that...trust me :) Oh, and now I've finished banging on about meds - welcome to the boards. It's a great place to be. Full of people who know more than any pdoc I've ever met!! ;):)

Archived