CrazyBoards.org

This is strange

I'm not sure if it's because the new semester has started, or if I'm feeling stressed because I'm working again after such a long time, or because I'm working and going to school at the same time, or what the heck is going on, but for the last few weeks - let's say two weeks, I've been on autopilot.

I'm fully aware of what I'm doing, I mean I get up every morning, get dressed and go to work/school, and take care of myself. I talk and laugh with the people around me, but it feels like *someone else* is doing everything, and I'm kind of taking a back seat to everything.

I was sitting in class yesterday and realized I didn't know which class I was in. I mean, I was in the correct class, but I couldn't remember which one it was. I was taking notes and knew what the instructor was talking about, but for the life of me, I couldn't remember what the hell class it was (History of English). Same thing happened yesterday when I picked up the mail. I got a small package. I remember ordering *something* but I couldn't remember what it was that I ordered. Even when I opened it and saw what it was (a CD), I remembered ordering it, but I couldn't remember why.

It's like I'm doing these things, but I'm not connected to them... or something like that.

If I think back, I can remember going through similar episodes before, but that was when I was unmedicated. I don't know whether to be worried about this (a lot) or not. I have an appointment with my pdoc on Monday... should I bring this up with him? I mean, I'm not missing anything, I'm taking good notes, and I'm not blowing things off (more than normal). I just wish I knew what was going on.

I've had the same experience and have no clue as to why it happens.

It technically sounds like disassociation but I cannot find a cause for it or a correlation between moods or meds...

BUT

I've often pondered if its a part of the 'Fibro Fog' phenomenon.

I understand that you have pain issues and are considering a Fibromyalgia dx...maybe they are related.

Damn Path, if I didn't know any better I'd say you have Topamax brain. I know you've been on it awhile without any adjustments to dosage. If it's not the dopamax, you should give doc a call. Maybe give doc a call anyway? It's a tiny bit worrisome (to those of us who like to worry ;))

Guest Guest_patheral_*

Damn Path, if I didn't know any better I'd say you have Topamax brain. I know you've been on it awhile without any adjustments to dosage. If it's not the dopamax, you should give doc a call. Maybe give doc a call anyway? It's a tiny bit worrisome (to those of us who like to worry ;))

Thanks all, I'll give some thought to the "fibro fog." I'm also worried about the Topamax, it doesn't seem to be working anymore. I may need to up the dose (which would suck 'cause I'm paying for it out of pocket), or try something different. I hope not because it worked for *so* long. But it does seem like I'm getting the same side effects that I had when I started taking it so long ago.

If I do have to switch... which I really don't want to do...is there anything that works *like* Topamax???

Archived