CrazyBoards.org

Ativan - IV vs. Pill Dose?

How much gets "lost" when taking a pill? If someone is given a 1mg dose via IV is that equivalent to the pill form aside from the speed that it gets into the system? Thanks.
Can you say more about why you want to know this? I've had Ativan IV in the hospital. Can't imagine why or under what circs it would be given outside a hospital sentence in IV form. If you're thinking about shooting up the pills, don't. They have all kinds of filler in the tablets and that shit will fuck up your veins bad.

No no. I have Ativan and will be taking more for one day because of a very stressful situation, which is fine with my pdoc. I know that in the hospital they will often administer 1-2 mg IV which my pdoc mentioned and I'm wondering if this is equivalent in pill form. He pretty much left the dose up to me and didn't have much to say about it. I know that 1 mg (pill) doesn't do a whole lot for me.

No no. I have Ativan and will be taking more for one day because of a very stressful situation, which is fine with my pdoc. I know that in the hospital they will often administer 1-2 mg IV which my pdoc mentioned and I'm wondering if this is equivalent in pill form. He pretty much left the dose up to me and didn't have much to say about it. I know that 1 mg (pill) doesn't do a whole lot for me.
How is it written? Is it written 1 mg. every 4 to 6 hrs. PRN or something? What does the label say?

.5mg twice a day and 1mg at night. I'm not sure why that matters though. I'm just curious about if there's a different between IV and pill.

.5mg twice a day and 1mg at night. I'm not sure why that matters though. I'm just curious about if there's a different between IV and pill.
I'm sorry, I misunderstood your question initially. ;) I don't know and can't even hazard a guess.

Maybe your pharmacist could answer the question. Or if you can wait until tomorrow, call the pdoc's office and ask the nurse.

I'm sorry, I misunderstood your question initially. ;) I don't know and can't even hazard a guess.

Maybe your pharmacist could answer the question. Or if you can wait until tomorrow, call the pdoc's office and ask the nurse.

That's OK. I made it through just fine. I took 5mg Zyprexa last night in addition to extra benzo this morning and am lucid enough to write this post. So my heart didn't stop or anything. It was a good gauge for the future. I've taken too little in the past and I'm always cautious about taking too much and I never do it for more than two days in a row. I've gradually lowered my dose over the last year and a half and I don't want to mess that up and go higher again.

Archived