CrazyBoards.org

Remeron experiences anyone?

Oops, sorry about that PP! *blushing...I'm new here*

Anyway, I love love love Remeron. I took it for a year and a half while in nursing school. At night. It sent me off into a wonderful, deep sleep and I woke up refreshed feeling like a million bucks. It worked wonders for my depression.

The bad news is that my 'perfect' drug causes weight gain in me...and lots of it. And it didn't stop. When I went off of it, I felt fine and lost some of the weight.

Now I take it prn for sleep. Sometimes not for a month, then other times twice a week. I likey!

HTH!

Boysenbear, when you say a lot of weight gain how much do you mean?  More than Depakote, Seroquel or Zyprexa or anything similar you have taken?  Thinking it sounds like a great drug for me but don't want to gain another 30 pounds or so.  Thanks, Sulu

IIRC, remeron doesn't really have a metabolic effect.  It just makes you crave carbs like they are crack and blocks whatever the mechanism is that makes you feel full.  You can eat a 16oz porterhouse and a gallon of ice cream and still feel like you haven't eaten for a week. 

I might be exaggerating a little, but not much.

I have been on remeron since December as part of my cocktail.  I have had chronic insomnia for 21 yrs and now I get 6 solid hours a night.  As for the depression, nothing.

In the AM i take 450 wellbutrin 300 effexor and 200 mg provigil.  I don't take the remeron until the evenigs and I usually get to bed now between 12 and 1 am

I have been taking Remeron for nearly a year.  It made be gain a lot of weight at first but the hunger thing isn't as bad anymore.  I've noticed lots of rapid cycling between anger and happiness.  Also, they tried to switch me to generic once and it landed me in ER with pneumonia and a very bad fever.  When they put me back on name brand it stopped but everyone's reactions are different.  You might be able to handle generic.  Oh, and I always have crazy dreams since starting it.

i take 7.5mg before bed for sleep.  i wake up 8 hours later with no hangover.

ive taken up to 30mg before.  30mg make me eat like a fiend.  22.5mg was probably the best dose.  it really was a "happy" pill for me, but it makes mood swings worse.  so now ive moved to lexapro, but SSRIs are a lot less a happy pill and a lot more antiobsessive than remeron.  i think remeron can make obsessive thinking worse for me, because i get all hyped up and crazy.  ;)

I have been on Remeron 30mg for a while now..The weight gain is generally at the beginning from what I understand. The cravings are no where near as bad as at the beginning..I am kind of sick of not craving sex though! I don't seem to need it or even think of it anymore..My poor husband! And the sluggishness in my thinking is pretty bad from time to time. I wonder if it has some interaction with hormonal surges? I think clearly for about 2 1/2 weeks out of the month and the rest of the time I feel like I really need to concentrate to digest information..I blame it on the Remeron because before I started taking it I had never experienced this kind of impairment..Who knows maybe it's growing older and has nothing to do with the Remeron! hope that helps..

Well so far it's been awesome. It helps me sleep and stops the panicked freak outs. It does make me a little hungrier but I'm okay with that. If I feel a larger freakout coming I'll take an ativan so the combo works well. I'm just so glad to be able to sleep. that rocks.

Lilie

I just started it last night, pdoc said to start at 30mg and go up if needed.  Well, I laid in bed for about 2.5 hours and sleep would not come and get me so I ended up getting up and have a tea and a tylenol with codeine (screwed up shoulder causing me pain) and once that kicked in finally I fell asleep.  Am thinking 30 mg to start is too high so tonight I will try splitting dose to see if that is less activating and maybe I will feel a little less cottonheaded the next day.

we are talking about mirtazapine, yes? (zispin in the uk)i dont want to put anyone off, but i had a bad experience with mirtazapine. i only took it for 5 days. i kinda went nuts. rage doesnt even begin to describe it. shouting, screaming, throwing things, walking out in the middle of the night. scared the hell out of me! ended up taking a small od to knock myself out because i couldnt stand it.

but my doctor said thats a very rare reaction....

its different for each person

dora

xx

Last nite i took second dose of remeron, only 15mg this time and fell asleep faster but woke up sooner (greedy, hungry kitty) but was able to fall back asleep. Feel less dopey today and haven't cried in almost two days. Yea

Archived