CrazyBoards.org

i need to get some sleep!

I really have been batterly to sleep much at all over the last two weeks +, I'm going out of my mind. I wake up and i'm like a bloody zombie for and hour or two and then I'm totally wide awake again! And worse by the time i actually force my slef to try lie still on my bed.

I am taking seroquel (low dose to help with sleeping) and zolpimed already its not helping very much at all. I wake up in half an hour and awake!! I just moved cities and started a new job, might have an influence? But i now don't have a new pdoc, got an appiontmet with a new one on the 9th of feb. so got to wait.

Is there anything that anybody can recommend, and med wise. So i know what to ask about. Cause i really need to sleep badly. I feel like im living in the twilight zone.

Lots of love

love

Ash

xox

I see you're only taking 50 of the Seroquel - maybe you could look into upping that? I use Seroquel for insomnia as well, and my pdoc told me people go as high as 200 for sleep, and that people use lots of different doses. Nothing below 150 works for me, even though some people can use as little as 12.5

Not sleeping is one thing GUARANTEED to make me worse.

I take Zopiclone (Zimovane) 7.5mg and it works wonders.

There's the odd night where I still wake numerous times, but I find I can get back to sleep better.

The unfortunate thing is you're not supposed to take it all the time, you can get hooked.

The worst part, as far as I'm concerned, is that I probably am hooked. Who wouldn't be addicted to a guaranteed sleep every night after seeing what insomnia does to you and your illness? Your mind? Your life?

I really hope you find something that works for you without it becoming as much of a problem in itself as the insomnia is. Good luck!

I see you're only taking 50 of the Seroquel - maybe you could look into upping that? I use Seroquel for insomnia as well, and my pdoc told me people go as high as 200 for sleep, and that people use lots of different doses. Nothing below 150 works for me, even though some people can use as little as 12.5

my pdoc told me I could moderate my dose up to 200 mg as needed for insomnia, too. Until you can find a new pdoc, I'd try upping your seroquel.

I would call you new pdoc about moving up the appt. Describe what is happening.

To me, you sound like you have some hypomania brewing. First signs can be reduced ability to get to sleep OR to stay asleep, at least that's the way it works for me. Recent move and all the change, getting excited and having it turn into some hypomania doesn't seem unusual.

Yes, you can jack up your Seroquel on your own, but seriously, you are much better off working with your new pdoc on this.

hey!

Thanx so much for the replys!!

I used to take 400mg of seroquel, but i have always got a little sleep cause of getting up so early work. And was so drowsy in the morning that i actually knodded off at the wheel and hit a cyclist!!! (ah, he was perfectly fine tho, just got a graze) but i kind of gave me a huge fright! So pdoc put me on abilify instead and just kept the seroquel to help me sleep. so a little nervous about it.

I agree with the whole addcitive thing, but also Zopiclone makes me sleep walk and do random stuff in the middle of the night, my mum has is totally addicted to it.

I'll see if i can get my new appiontment moved up. He seemed pretty fulled up when i went to make the appiontment. Agh i hate going to a new doctor.

thanx again

love Ash

xox

Ash, this seems like kind of a tough one. On one hand, there's the whole bipolar/sleep thing, because, yeah, sleep's really important, and it's both a contributor to destabilization and a sign of destabilization.

But, on the other hand, there's a lot of distorted thinking about sleep in your post - lots of all-or-nothing thinking and catastrophic thinking, both of which are completely understandable (to me, anyway)- and maybe a visit or two or three with a psychologist who specializes in behavioral sleep med would be really helpful. Is there a sleep clinic or sleep lab nearby? They might know someone.

Forcing yourself to Stay In Bed And Sleep Right Now, Damn It, is kind of counterproductive for all of us.

And I can see how the mood part, the environment part, and the conditioned sleep behavior would really feed off of each other. I think with mania/depression, the cognitive/behavioral piece isn't enough unto itself, but I also think that the meds alone aren't going to hack it for the long term...

and I think the bicyclists of the area and you will all feel a lot better if you can find a better long term solution.

Archived