CrazyBoards.org

just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water...

I've had mostly a good week. Some hypomania, but not the nasty unpleasant kind. (I know, any is not good, but still, beats the depression that's been predominant.) And some just plain normal days too. This is the longest I've gone without depression or some kind of unpleasantness (agitated hypomania) since this episode started. A few moments when I thought depression was coming back, but I escaped.

It's encouraging, maybe the meds are kicking in... But then tonight, heavy duty agitation for absolutely no reason, no better after going for a run. I know, I know, two steps forward, one step back, patience grasshopper, I may be fine tomorrow - but it is such a tease! It is so wearing to never know what's coming next.

I notice your signature says your titrating your lamictal, and still working on a risperidone doseage. Is this still true? If so, then please don't be discouraged. You aren't in the theraputic levels for lamictal until week 5, and you are still working on the other one. You will likely not be stable until these meds are at the proper levels for your body's needs.

BP is a one step forward, two steps back process. And each person is different. What works for one person here may not work for you. But what works for you will be like gold. Just some take longer to get to theraputic levels that others, but if you can make it through the meantime, then it will hopefully be the med that makes it worth it for you.

If it gets really bad, call your doctor and let them know what's going on, and shee what they say.

Archived