CrazyBoards.org

Normal or baseline

-Normal is getting a good nights sleep and waking up rested and ready to face the world.

-Normal is making fresh coffee and being able to quietly savor it in the fresh morning light.

-Being able to read an article or page of a book without restarting twenty times

-Losing the roar in your head and being able to think one thought at a time

-Being able to leave the house and go to the store without panicking

-Going all day without thinking of suicide

-Going all day without thinking of being MI

It all comes a little at a time. Keep up the effort.

a.m.

One of the best things you can do is to track your moods. This will help you associate your symptoms with your mood states and really start to judge what is happening and begin to predict what might start to happen. Of course if you're already doing this, yay.

I used to mood track and I just recently started again. I use moodtracker.com. I find it to be really helpful. You can have it email or text message you reminders and even, if you choose, have your caregivers look at your mood chart so you can all be on the same page. You can put in a journal entry for each date if you want and track your medications also.

I find this is the best way to really learn about yourself and your moods.

-Normal is getting a good nights sleep and waking up rested and ready to face the world.

-Normal is making fresh coffee and being able to quietly savor it in the fresh morning light.

-Being able to read an article or page of a book without restarting twenty times

-Losing the roar in your head and being able to think one thought at a time

-Being able to leave the house and go to the store without panicking

-Going all day without thinking of suicide

-Going all day without thinking of being MI

Holy cRAP..... do sane people actually get to feel that way?? I'm not normally a jealous person, but man.... I'd give my left nut (if I had one) to even hang on to 2 or 3 of those Symptoms of Sanity.......

alphagirlzk- I don't know how long you've been receiving treatment, or medication, or what kind or even if you think it's working for you, but (as someone who had never felt "good" but I've reached "stable" and "okay" a few times) my best answer would be that your "baseline" is how you feel when you're on the right meds, and your moods have remained somewhat steady and you don't feel like you've been riding a freight train while starring in the movie "Speed".

Some people's baselines unfortunately are mild depressions, others may baseline at a mild hypomania... and yet others find themselves "cured" and they're able to enjoy "normal" as their baseline....

Everyone's baseline is different... or at least that's the way I understand it...

I happen upon baseline at times. I have been using moodtracker for a couple of weeks and can really see my ups and downs. I have the reminders set to remind me 3 times until I post something. I post every day and journal a bit too. I'm seeing my mixed moods more clearly and that's making me aware...but depressed.

As for those baseline guidelines, lately those are rare and far between...

Archived