CrazyBoards.org

Traffic triggers dysphoric mania

I'm currently at 200mg of Lamictal and feeling better than I have in years. Most of the day I've been feeling pretty stable (for me). But as soon as I get in traffic, I go ballistic. The first time some asshole cuts me off I feel the road rage, and then each time some other asshole cuts me off, the rage gets worse and worse.

If traffic reflects society, than most people are fucking mean or just apathetic.

Just wondering if any other BP's have this happen.

Yes I have the same problem. I actually have to fight the temption to speed up and ram into the other car. I am one of those people who give middle fingers while blowing the horn and call them everything I can think of. People are assholes on the highway. This is one of my major triggers. I really hate driving on the interstate any more, I am afraid that one day I actually will give in and ram into another car laughing the whole time.

Me too. Wow. Didn't know there were others like me in this respect! I am always yelling, swearing, flailing, etc. while I drive. The whole idea of driving on the highway or on a regular street during traffic wigs me out because it's so busy and rushed and there's so many assanine idiots who probably shouldn't even have their liscense. They cut you off and almost cause an accident every 4 seconds by not being bright enough to use signals or check blind spots and they won't let you merge even though the merge lane is ending and .... I have a million other complaints but I think you get the idea. I feel like I put my life in the hands of all those people each time I get in my car. And I have to drive an hour to and from work everyday.  ;)

Traffic...

Can you imagine little ol' me in traffic?

Yeah.  Sumthin' like that.

There's a reason I won't move to a big town/city.

"Man goes on homicidal rampage in Jeep, claims temporary insanity--'I'm bipolar and you're all assholes who drive too SLOOOOW!  And that jack off-mofo cut me off, it's HIS fault I started this anyways!  Jerk!'  Official estimates stand at 28 dead, 316 wounded, and over $3 million in property damage so far.  It is not known if the man was on medication, but he appeared to be frothing at the mouth.

Back to you in the studio, Peter."

wow it is like i am a convention or something. the finger the lead foot, the swaring its all me. scary to know how many others are out there. i better watch the next time to see if they resemble myself. i am very likely to get shot.  ;)

Archived