CrazyBoards.org

To All of You

The first time I smiled during this recent episode of depression, (newly diagnosed bipolar II, whatever that means) was when I found this website and read the title, "Crazy Meds Suck Donkey Dong", and then I read the intro, and I laughed, a short respite from my pain.  Every day since I found this board, I check in, I read posts, and sometimes I post, but I come here and I want each of you to know that you give me hope.  Just the fact that we can reach out, can vent, can still say, "I feel like shit, I feel like ending it all, I am tired of Mental Illness" I think it says something about each of you, the fact that your here says somewhere down deep, past the illness, you believe there's hope.

I read posts from those of you who have struggled for years with meds, with recurrent episodes, with the feeling that nothing will ever be right, and I want to put my arms around all of you and fix it, and somehow hold up a mirror and show you something beautiful about you, because I know when you feel depressed, true depression, your view of everything is distorted.  And yet, a common vein I've found running through most of what I read is the bravery, and the spirit of  truly caring people, people who have a lot to offer the world, who have a horrible invisible illness.

All of you who post here are my heroes.  You keep on, through the pain, through the madness, through the people who don't understand mental illness - you don't give up.  Some of you take care of parents, (Spike) in spite of your own pain and anguish, you tend children, you go to work, all the while suffering from a disease that is invisible and does not allow you to lay down as a broken arm would and rest and garner the support and care of others, (maybe that's not true for everyone, but I don't see Mental Illness as a disease that most understand or have compassion for unless they have experienced themselves or love someone very close to them that has suffered the way many of you have).

I'm not trying to be Polly Anna, (although I have been accused of that in the past  ;) )  I just know that sometimes when I'm in the pit of despair, if I can reach out and touch someone else, I know I'm still alive in there, that the disease is not winning, that I'll get up tomorrow and maybe the med's will be working better, the fog will clear a bit more and there may be peace and joy in sight.  I wish that for every one of you. 

Thank you and sorry to be so long winded.

Linda

Linda, not long winded at all!  You have so beautifully put into words how I feel about this board and all of the people here.  So I am hoping you will allow me to join you in wishing the same for each and everyone of us. Sulu

Linda, that was simply beautiful...and exactly how I feel also.

I feel closer to most of the people here than I do to the flesh and blood ones in my life.

Something to be said for BTDT when it comes to support and understanding. You can't describe a color to someone who is blind and you really can't explain being MI to anyone who has never experienced it. Folks try...some do well at attempting to help/be there, but just as many run like hell from you.

Thank you for sharing this with us!

spike

Kumbaya m'lord.......

Nah, I can't even pretend to be that happy.  Loved the post though Linda.  I find a respite in this board, something to do, another person's perspective, and reading about other people makes my problems seem small.  This is saying something. 

Thanks

Very nice post Linda! I feel exactly the same way..I have found more support and just plain good info in here than anywhere else. It was like finally..some people who understand, who have been there, who ARE there. And just for the record..Thanks Jerod.

Archived