CrazyBoards.org

My Benzo use. My doc has seen the light

I recently made a thread about how it was so easy to get benzos in the US.  Well, after long talks with my GP he has decided that I am to be medicated with the benzo of my choice for panic and anxiety (at least untill we can talk to my pdoc about using mega high doses of Seroquel).  There is a mutual respect between my doctor and I, and once I told him of the extremes that I was forced to go to to calm my anxiety, including obtaining them illegally, he was shocked because I had never really asked for anything other than very short supplies out of respect/fear.  He was great about it, and I am a little embarrassed that I did not get tough sooner.

Anyhow, I have a question.

I am taking temezapam at the moment as it really does the trick for me.  It comes in tablet form.  The only problem that I have is that it takes AT LEAST 45mins to an hour to be effective.

Would it be more effeciant for me to dissolve the tablets under my tongue?  I know that this can help with the likes of lorazapam.................but temazepam?  I don't know.

Any info?

If it is in tablet form and you don't mind the taste, what ever the taste is. I do it with Ativan a lot. You could also crush it and put it in applesauce. I take Restoril at night to sleep.

I know valium and xanax don't taste so hot, but have found ativan to be a very nice change.  It also dissolved quickly.

I have never used temazepam(restoril) for anything.  Kablume's crush and put in applesauce is a fantastic trick!

Best of Luck...

is your temazapam a capsule? just curious, as mine is and i take it for sleep but have the delayed reaction as well. good luck!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Nah.  It is a sweet tasting tablet.  It dissolves quite easily, but I was wondering I would somehow be wasting a tablet palced under my tongue.

Archived