CrazyBoards.org

Paxil feels like speed to me

The first time I took it my teeth were clenching and I was totally fidgeting and couldn't be still. It was not a good combination to my anxiety. So now I'm on remeron which works great so far. I took half a paxil and now I'm pacing the house. I think I'm going to use paxil prn for when I need energy. Anyone else experience speedy feelings on paxil?

Lilie

The first time I took it my teeth were clenching and I was totally fidgeting and couldn't be still. It was not a good combination to my anxiety. So now I'm on remeron which works great so far. I took half a paxil and now I'm pacing the house. I think I'm going to use paxil prn for when I need energy. Anyone else experience speedy feelings on paxil?

Lilie

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I was told by my mother when we were in the car that she thought I was wired on it. This was back in sixth grade. Anyway, I asked her why and she told me it was because I was talking really fast and I seemed tense.

The only time I remember feeling especially tense was the morning after my first dose. My teeth woke me up, chattering away at 5:17 AM. They did this throughout the day whenever I wasn't talking. It was my turn to take the lunch count down to the office, so I read off the names on the list to my self all the way there just to shut up my teeth for a while.

I had no idea what that was until a couple of months ago, when I was looking up TD and SSRIs for someone who wanted to know if they could get it from Wellbutrin and I found this:

Orolingual dyskinesia...

A 29-year-old woman taking no other medications was prescribed paroxetine 20 mg daily for depression. Four hours after taking only one paroxetine tablet she developed persistent repetitive jaw movements with chattering of her teeth. The movements and chattering occurred markedly for two days, and continued to occur with cold or fatigue over the next two weeks before gradually settling. She took no tablets after the first one.

I only had it for one day, though, and I had no problem after I switched to daytime dosing.

Anyway, after about a week, my parents told me that they had purposely flushed it down the toilet. I don't think they'd do that now, with all the fuss about drugs and their metabolites in the water supply.

I was on it for hair-twirling bad enough to cause at least one bald spot.

Archived