CrazyBoards.org

zoloft + wellbutrin?

has anyone out there ever been on zoloft and wellbutrin? i started on wellbutrin as a kind of last resort and love the amount of energy that it gives me, but the anxiety is horrible. i am prone to anxiety attacks so you can imagine the fun wellbutrin has caused. my pdoc started me on 50mg of zoloft + 300mg of wellbutrin.

I started with Wellbutrin, was still anxious, and my doctor added Zoloft, which didn't help much. Eventually I dropped the Wellbutrin, and my anxiety got better. If I were you I'd get the hell off Wellbutrin. It's just not a good choice for those of us with anxiety. I get plenty of energy from Zoloft alone.

Also, 300mg seems like a lot. I was taking 150mg and was miserable.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

yeah, i guess i just do what the doc says. the 150 mg in the morning is the one that messes with me the most, but i just pop some xanax and it mellows me out. i havent felt this speedy feeling that everyone keeps talking about, even before i added the xanax.

Gringa79,

I take Wellbutrin (450 mgs XR) and Zoloft (50 mgs), both in the morning. The combo is working very well. The agitation and anxiety leveled out and then pretty much disappeared in about two months. You might talk to your doc about trying the XR version rather than the SR. It's a bit smoother in its effects.

I hope it works for you.

Greeny

I took Wellbutrin a long time ago. Added it to Paxil and had zero side affects. I started taking it again with Prozac, and OMG... it was horrible. My doctor and I felt that I needed to stay on 150 a little longer to get used to the Wellbutrin again. We also lowered my Prozac from 40 to 20. Now, I take Wellbutrin XL 300 mg in the morning and Celexa 20 mg before I go to bed. The Prozac was getting me WAY too wired. I couldn't sleep. The Wellbutrin alone couldn't cut it, so we just added Celexa. We'll see how that goes.

But enough about me. ;) Ask your doc if you can go down to 150 for a while. 300 is the "normal" dose, but everyone has different reactions. Good luck.

I took Wellbutrin a long time ago. Added it to Paxil and had zero side affects. I started taking it again with Prozac, and OMG... it was horrible. My doctor and I felt that I needed to stay on 150 a little longer to get used to the Wellbutrin again. We also lowered my Prozac from 40 to 20. Now, I take Wellbutrin XL 300 mg in the morning and Celexa 20 mg before I go to bed. The Prozac was getting me WAY too wired. I couldn't sleep. The Wellbutrin alone couldn't cut it, so we just added Celexa. We'll see how that goes.

But enough about me. :) Ask your doc if you can go down to 150 for a while. 300 is the "normal" dose, but everyone has different reactions. Good luck.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Presently taking Zoloft 100 mg and Wellbutrin Sr 300 mg, as well as Xanax .25 up to 6 daily and Seroquel 100 mg for sleep.

Seems to be working ok so far, how long that's gonna last especially when i try to take on another job. ;)

But enough about me. :) Ask your doc if you can go down to 150 for a while. 300 is the "normal" dose, but everyone has different reactions. Good luck.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Presently taking Zoloft 100 mg and Wellbutrin Sr 300 mg, as well as Xanax .25 up to 6 daily and Seroquel 100 mg for sleep.

Seems to be working ok so far, how long that's gonna last especially when i try to take on another job. ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i had to ditch the 'butrin. the anxiety was just too much for me to handle.

Archived