CrazyBoards.org

nuthouses in chicago

i'm thinking of doing my ect inpatient, and looking for any guidance about mental hospitals in chicago. the two i'm contemplating are university of chicago and university of illinois-chicago. i'm hesitant to go into northwestern because i'm applying for their clinical psychology doctoral program come fall. has any one been in either of these hospitals? the big thing for me is having a phone in the room. i don't want to go in blind. please pm me if you think that's more appropriate.

thanks,

heather

Unfortunately I only have experience in the pyschiatry department at Evanston Northwestern and only in the outpatient.  I know you said that it would not be your first choice for other reasons, but I would like to to put in a vote of everyone I've dealt with there from doctors to secretaries to insurance taking people (damn depakote, can't think of the word) has been kind, respectful, and helpful to the extreme.  They've also been really wonderful about checking up with me and letting me make last minute appointments when I'm too crazy to make plans ahead of time.  I'm even doing phone appointments with them until I find an appropriate person closer to home.

Archived