CrazyBoards.org

Kick out the jams, brothers and sisters!

Guest Vapourware

Guest Vapourware

Hi everyone,

I'm a newbie. Be gentle ;)

I have been depressed for as long as I can remember, but have only recently started seeking help.

My current confirmed label is Major Depressive Disorder. My tentative labels are Social Anxiety/Social Phobia and PTSD.

Glad to meet you all :)

Guest Vapourware

Hi Raven,

Maybe the thread title should have read, "Skippy the Bush Kangaroo"  ;)

Actually, blame Blue Oyster Cult...they did a great cover of this song.

hi skippy the grrl_away,

so you also have major depression and have only recently started getting help? me too. i've had it since my late childhood. over the last ten years or so i've tried getting help from campus psychs but they were useless so i started drinking to escape the pain. about two years ago i reached a point where i would either stop and get help or continue hurting until i longer cared enough and killed myself. i choose to seek help and have been medicated since. currently i'm on effexor 225 mg and seroquel 50 mg. the combo is dynamite for me. really helping. before that it was two years of feeling like crap and like i was just wasting my money on meds. and i was still drinking for the pain.

but now i am dry completely and good with my meds. over that two year period i have also been in therapy with a tdoc and in group. that is going well and i am highly motivated. i have quite a ways to go but i am finally starting to chase after my anxiety. wanting to explore it and where it comes from. (i also have general anxiety and some OCD that i hide inside).

so, after spending the WHOLE time talking about me i'd love to hear more about you. have you started a thread of your own on the springer board? it's a great way to reach out a bit and share some of your own story. and people will read it and respond so it's a great way to meet people like yourself.

so welcome home to crazymeds. it's a great place to be.

grouse.

Archived