CrazyBoards.org

Trazodone pooped out

Hey all, new here, so here goes my first post:

I was diagnoised with bipolar about... a month or so ago. I'm taking 80mg of Geodon, 50mg lamictal, and I -was- taking between 25-50 mg of Trazodone

Big problem: School starts on monday [highschool, *semi-excited, semi-sarcastic yay*] but my trazodone pooped out. I was taking 25mg, it stoped working. I tried 50mg [doc told me i could] but that just made me really anxious for awhile before it put me to sleep- couldn't handle that. Doc told me to try 36.5mg [i think that's right... 1 1/2 25mg tablets. And I'm going to be a senior lol] that made me anxious and -didn't- put me to sleep.

I slept 3 hours yesterday, 4 or 5hours last night. I'm so tired, but I can't sleep.

Again- school starts on monday. I have to be sleeping. -Have- to.

My other big problem- the doc is out of town until monday [this whole time I've been passing messages to him through the nurse, he must be so tired of me.] I have a sort of emergency appointment with him monday after school, but that dosn't help me much for monday morning.

Out of desperation I made an appointment for later today with my regular doc. I'm hoping he can give me some sort of sleep aid to use temporarily. Good idea? Any other suggestions?

Welcome!  I see from your post on the Cocktails board, that you probably didn't make it to your regular doc yesterday.  But hopefully the Xanax will help.  School starting up is a huge stressor, so be gentle with yourself this weekend.

I just wanted to add that it's unlikely talk therapy would help you get a good night's sleep in the short-term, so even if the pdoc DOES take you off bipolar meds completely (I hope he doesn't), I think you should still emphasize your insomnia issues.  A good night's sleep can help soooo much, but Xanax probably isn't a good one to rely on for that ... too short-acting.  You can get other ideas from this board (I don't post here usually, but Trazodone didn't help my husband either; he was just prescribed Remeron yesterday).

I'll be thinking of you -- especially on Monday!  You can get through it ... one foot in front of the other.

Thank you.

Yeah I didn't get to the reg doc yesterday, that's for sure.

But no matter what happens I don't think I'll leave his office on monday without at least a perscription for some sort of sleep aid or another.

The xanax helps enough for now though, I got a decent nights sleep last night, so I think I'm going to be ok.

Archived