CrazyBoards.org

another nut in the jar

Guest ape stuff

Guest ape stuff

I read many of the candid posts about ssri's. What a relief to find real information. I trust my doctor, of course. It's just that he finds trouble satisfying my thirst for knowledge about the chemistry behind the breaking-in period side effects and such during my visits. ..........

hi ape,

welcome to the land of the found. yeah there's buckets of info on ssri's here. the first thing i found out was that mine particular drug, effexor, just HAPPENS to have the most hellish withdrawal symptoms going. now why didn't they tell me that when they gave me the bottle?

anyway. a few of your probs sound similar to mine re: lifelong general anxiety with some mild OCD. but i have major depression as opposed to your dysthymia.

my meds are effexor and seroquel. they are finally working quite well for me thank goodness. yes, i know about the desire for an instant cure all to well, but i know i'm definitely not one of those mental patients.

anyway, just wanted to pop in and say hi before seroquel knocks me out for the night. which is going to happen very soon. sigh. 9:35 pm on a friday night and i'm going to bed. at least i have the new harry potter! a geek? hey, who said that? i might be a geek but at least i'm not one of those cool types that hangs around women all the time talking to them and stuff. thank goodness i'm not one of those. if i were i'd be like cool or something.

oh well. seroquel DEFINITELY kicking in now. wowsers. it's like being aslake but aweep at same time. wheeee......

see ya. welcome to crazymeds.

grouse.

Welcome to our humble abode Ape. I too found out more about my drugs here than by the Pdoc or PI sheets. But I gues it is because we take the meds, they don't. Nice to have you aboard. Take a sit, kick back, and relax. You're safe here.

• 5 weeks later...

Archived