CrazyBoards.org

new mood stabilizer from eli lilly

help !!!!!!!!

son is currently on depakote...i have maintained, since he's been on it, that it hasnt changed him, nor helped him....son is ok when not provoked, but WATCH out when he's provoked....as soon as he doesnt feel safe, or feels threatened, it's like he loses touch with all sense of right or wrong. it's all about him not getting in trouble.( can you tell that tonite was NOT good ?! fortunately, neighbors came to me instead of calling police ...oh boy....neighbor has been in my shoes, so to speak, and understands....)

heard from nieghbor about another drug put out recently by eli lilly...mood stabilizer that's supposed to be good. any ideas ?

son currently has no diagnosis ( still waiting for test results), but we believe that he is an aspie.

lord, help me get through today.

I don't know of a new one. Went to their website and looked under news.

http://www.lilly.com/index.html

Hope your son gets better.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

thanks for the info...checked out the site, but not really sure what i'm looking for.he's on prozac & depakote....drugs they listed were symbyax, cymbalta, and strattera.....none of these seemed to address son's specific issues, but what do i know ? will talk to dr, hope he listens.

I don't know of a new one. Went to their website and looked under news.

http://www.lilly.com/index.html

Hope your son gets better.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

thanks for the info...checked out the site, but not really sure what i'm looking for.he's on prozac & depakote....drugs they listed were symbyax, cymbalta, and strattera.....none of these seemed to address son's specific issues, but what do i know ? will talk to dr, hope he listens.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Perhaps, you are thinking of Symbyax.

thanks ! talked to the dr on the phone about son, & have appt for thursday....doc says that's why son should be in therapy, that meds cant solve everything...i agree, but meds, the right ones, can sure help decrease the anxiety.

Is this a pdoc experienced with kids like yours/ours?  Cuz I soooo hate his answer!  Grrrr. 

My daughter is fairly stable on Trileptal, Topamax, and Abilify.  The Trileptal especially was helpful early on in reducing her anxiety and the rage outbursts.  She's almost 9 and a few months ago we finally got her a tdoc ... I guessed that she wasn't emotionally mature enough or in tune with her emotions enough to benefit from it earlier, and from the slow going we're having now, I was right.  It's mostly helping US find techniques to help her, because she learns "in the moment" ... and mom and dad are the ones actually there in those moments!

Archived