ive gained about 40 lbs in a matter of a few months, so i was wondering can zyprexa weight gain be reversed? my pdoc appt is on friday, and we've tried topamax to stop the binge eating, which didn't work. he also suggests strattera... i want to lose the weight i gained, so i was thinking maybe switching to risperdal or seroquel.

Though I don't know if this works, I've heard that you can add metformin (Glucophage) to medications like Zyprexa, Seroquel, Risperdal in combination with lifestyle changes to help counteract weight gain. I've never used it so I don't know if it works but I figured that as one option. Here's a link to an article that explains the findings:

http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/568577

Best of luck...

This may be cheesy, but I'm fine without eating all day long. But after 6 pm, I could eat the paint off the walls. I've found that the only thing that keeps the weight off is to stock the house with weight-neutral snacks. 100-calorie hostess cupcakes. Mini bags of natural popcorn. Grapes. Bananas. And, of course, the neverending drinking of water. I also cook all our meals, so I keep the fat and calorie content down there. I try and walk every day. I lost 33 pounds of med weight prior to getting on zyprexa in february, and I've kept all the weight off so far (two whole months, lol).

I wish you the best in your weight loss journey.

Archived