CrazyBoards.org

Hospital?

Guest Vapourware

Just wondering just when and how people decided it was time for a break in the looney bin...uh, I mean the hospital.

My therapist floated the idea to me several times because of certain actions and thoughts I had and still have. I think I am about 70% convinced that I could keep safe, but it is the 30% uncertainty that is a little frightening.

I know what you mean.  I feel calm at times, but sometimes I feel on edge . 

I once would jog over the Tay Bridge, but I will not do that anymore.  I am so impulsive that I could seriously just make a split second decision and jump.

I hate talking to my doc about it, because I will probably come off sounding like a drama queen.

Guest PinkToo2grrl

... i knew it was time when the alternative was worse. 

not to be cryptic, my self-harming behaviors had become too dangerous, and i needed supervision of the professional kind to keep me safe.

good luck finding what you need for you.

Guest Vapourware

Hi all,

Thank you for your replies.

@username: Thank you, it is comforting [?] to hear someone can relate. I also am afraid of my impulsiveness. I find myself quite rational the majority of the time, but there are usually a few hours of the day when I seem to lose my brain. I also can't help feeling I am a drama queen for telling someone about my urges.

@Supergwen: I had a read at your link...quite a hard decision, isn't it? I like the idea of making a pro and cons list and I might do one later.

Money is also an issue for me. The actual hospitalization will not cost me anything, but I will lose money in the form of no pay if I choose to go.

Then there is the ambivalence I feel. I sometimes wonder which is more important - whether I ought to go to the hospital, I should go or I need to go. Do the repercussions and consequences of a voluntary stay outweight the good of the act? Questions, questions.

@PinkToo2grrl: I can relate to your post, and thank you...still need to think things over.

Archived