CrazyBoards.org

Ativan for sleep aide and Klonopin for panic?

I have panic attacks with agoraphobia. I have had a major set back in the past  months. I was taking Klonopin for 2.5 years 0.5mg a day. I switched to Ativan to try something different. Now i want to stop the Ativan becuz, i don`t feel it is working as good as the Klonopin was. Recently i`m having a hard time staying asleep.

Can i take .5mg Ativan for sleep aide and take my dose of .5mg Klonopin in the morning?

Thanks in advance!!

I also did not like ativan for anxiety (or sleep). klonopin is a great anti-anxiety med IMO, but it is not very fast acting.

There are probably better things for sleep. Talk it over with your doc.

I switched to Ativan to try something different. Now i want to stop the Ativan becuz, i don`t feel it is working as good as the Klonopin was. Recently i`m having a hard time staying asleep.

That's because Klonopin is stronger than Ativan. I did a 180 and switched from Ativan to Klonopin and the panic attacks went away + I sleep like a baby.

I switched to Ativan to try something different. Now i want to stop the Ativan becuz, i don`t feel it is working as good as the Klonopin was. Recently i`m having a hard time staying asleep.

That's because Klonopin is stronger than Ativan. I did a 180 and switched from Ativan to Klonopin and the panic attacks went away + I sleep like a baby.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

What is ur dosage for klonopin? I`m taking .5 mg then .25 as needed. The

Ativan was 2mg then 1mg as needed.

Archived