CrazyBoards.org

Hey all-- I'm hoping someone can help me!

I've been on Topamax (50mg for now, Dr will increase dosage on the 29th- probably to 100mg I think) for about 4 weeks. About a month before I started taking Topamax, I was diagnosed with Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (it's been a good summer  ;) ). Dumb Gyn put me on the pill, even though I said I didn't want to, so I found a new Dr. :) Well, I see him in a week and was planning to ask him to put me on fertility meds to help fix the PCOS (which is a fairly common practice). Then came the Topamax.. so I don't know what I'm supposed to do now... I really wanted to use the fertility meds to help my PCOS but I don't know if the meds can be mixed.

Can anyone help or point me in the right direction? The meds I was looking at were Clomid and Metformin.

Also, I posted it here and not the pregnancy board because I'm not trying to have a baby, I just want the meds for fixing purposes at the moment.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Metformin isnt a fertility med...its an insulin sensitizer. And it's fine with Topamax though you may have problems with hypoglycemia. I've got a friend who takes the 2 together, and I'm sure there are people here who take both.

I don't know SHIT about Clomid, but there is a good interaction checker on www.aidsmeds.com, and there is nothing on the Topamax PI sheet, for what that's worth.

Kassiane

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks for that link, I'll check it and see if there's anything to help.

As for the Metformin thing, I figured I should have mentioned that I know it's not technically a fertility med but used a lot for women with PCOS, irregular cycles, etc to help women get pregnant - but I didn't think to mention that I knew that.

Archived