CrazyBoards.org

Reaching out to fellow bipolars

It's so funny, when I found this board a month ago, I literally laughged hysterically whenever I first got here.  The title of the board "Bipolar disorder: I'm so happy I could kill myself" was absolutely hysterical to my simply because I actually undersand it. 

It's so nice to finally be among others who understand why I sometimes sang songs about nail polish when it was an especially pleasing color.  Why I sometimes got so excited about anUnderwood deviled ham sandwich.  Who somtimes stayed up all night long binge drinking then was a mess the next day, but did it again the next night.  Who left her husband for a man she had known for a few weeks when she had two kids with said husband, the youngest of which was just a few months old.

Oh, and the darkness.  I never could fully explain and make understand what the darkness was all about. 

I am recently diagnosed, BPI or II I'm not sure, I think I am somewhere in the middle.  I've been on depakote for a month now and it's like putting on a rain jacket.  The storms still come, but I'm protected from them.  And so are my husband and children. 

I have noticed that even when I don't take great care of myself ie not going to be on time, drinking too much, not eating like I should (had company this week), I still feel much better than I did before the meds when I was being perfect ie going to bed every night at 10, eating well, no alcohol.

I am rambling now.  I am a bit manic.  Three nights of staying up late playing Pictionary does take its toll.

Kim

being rather new to the whole dx thing also (7 months), it gives me great pleasure to extend a welcome. I know what you mean about the raincoat. For me, it feels like a flood that hits a door, and I can feel the force of it on the door but it stays shut. I feel myself cycling beneath the med in a subterranean way but I'm safely away.

Welcome, I'm happy you got your dx so you can take care of yourself, your family, and get on with your life in the healthiest possible way!

BTW- your symptoms/actions sound a lot like the kind of stuff I did before my dx, and I am for sure a BP1.

I read that the completed suicide rate for BP1 and BP2 patients is the same. So I do not believe those in the "soft" area of the spectrum should be looked upon with less concern or undertreated due to a perceived lack of danger due to their condition. Whatever lable a pdoc gives you, you know your life is important and in your own hands. My dad died from BP. Those of us who are here are lucky enough to be able to take our meds and mend our families.

Good luck!

Welcome!  I've been dxd for years, but just recently back on my lithium so it's been a tad...well, crazy.  I stumbled upon CrazyBoards and have been loving it since.  It is amazing how helpful it is to read what others are experiencing, especially when it's so similar.

I'm glad the meds are helping and hope to see ya around more. ;)

Welcome I'm glad youre starting to feel better and that the meds are helping. It's great to be around others that truly understand. Maybe you should get a wee bit more sleep though?

Lilie

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah, you were right.  Those three nights of not going to be "at my bedtime" sent me into a bad place.  Why the fuck can't I just be like everyone else?  I hate this!

Kim, welcome to our world of crazies.  This is the first place I have felt at home in ages.  I too have been dx'ed bipolar within the last year after many years of being treated for severe depression.  As for your comment "why the fuck can't I just be like everyone else", I don't think there really is an "everyone else" but understand what you mean.  It would be so great not to have all the problems that plague us crazies and just deal with shit like non-crazies.  That being said maybe life would be too boring for us without our problems.  I don't have a clue but would be more than willing to give it a try for a while, lol.  Go easy on yourself, you have a lot on your plate and it will take time for the meds to settle in and do their job.  In the meantime, post away your troubles, someone here is always listening.  Take care, Sulu

Archived