CrazyBoards.org

Grrr I'm so angry I just have to get this off my chest. This new guy at my work is driving me crazy. I'm supposed to answer questions for him at his computer, but every time I try to give him advice he starts talking over me and doesn't listen. Then we spend five minutes with him asking these stupid ass questions and asking me to repeat myself two or three times with everything I say. He is foreign, and I know what you are going to say, but his command of English is not bad, he's purposefully playing the language thing to piss me off. Then, at the end of a harrowing instruction lesson where he's trying to push me to my limit, he goes, 'okay, so you will go home now and i will take your position?' I go 'what'? And he goes 'so you will go home now and I will wait for your decision?' and he flashes me the fakest, creepiest smile. The fucking nerve of this guy, on his third day on the job, saying something like that, he is the biggest fucking skunk and he's trying to intimidate/antagonize me into looking bad because I am in a new position of somewhat greater power. I know he doesn't like me because I've heard him talking shit behind my back, and now today he says that thing about taking my position and then that fucking smile. He's asking to get his teeth knocked in.

That does suck. Hey, maybe you can teach him the wrong way to do stuff. ;)

We had that kind of thing start happening at the last place I worked. You just knew you were training your lower cost replacement.

But even worse than that is having someone like me (tech) teaching someone who makes more money (engineer). That shit pissed me off. Eventually, I was just like "I don't know. You're the engineer. You tell me."

Archived