CrazyBoards.org

soooo speedy and distracted...

I can't stop moving. Everything is moving waaaay faster than normal. I've been driving faster. Speeding like crazy tonight, and I KNOW I'm not supposed to- haven't had a ticket in years now- and I know how stupid I'd feel if I had to shell out any money from my second paycheck just to pay off a fucking speeding ticket...

I'm so sorry if this doesn't make any sense, I kinda just need to get it down

And my english has fallen off the planet and died

I get that mess too sometimes. A combination of words trying to combine and totally losing what word I was about to say which leaves me a stuttering mess. When the stuttering starts - I just stop trying to talk.

And I agree with Phoenix - two trains of thought sounds like your mind is racing and you should call your pdoc. It's good you've got some seroquel and the benzo for the moment, but you might need some tweaking of your daily meds - so yeah - pick up that phone!

Good luck!

What you've described sounds very similar to what I often experience when I'm hypomanic. The speeding, distractibility, racing thoughts, pressured speech... yet not so severe and/or combined with the presence of psychotic symptoms to qualify as full-blown mania. I tend to suffer from what I've dubbed as 'definition abandonment' when I'm trying to describe what I'm feeling or thinking. Words will simply losse their meaning and I'll be left stumbling to make sense of it. Benzos definitely help me when I'm like that, but the antipsychotics only make it worse for me. I'll echo everyone else here and say call your pdoc if this doesn't subside--as I tend to try to ignore it and that only makes it worse.

apparently, when I get all revved up, my tempo goes up proportionally with it. If I'm thinking of a song, or playing guitar, or just humming a phrase, I will do it almost twice as fast as the real version is actually played

Just wanted to say, I get something similar. But it manifests a little differently - for me, I listen to music and my brain is going faster than the music is, and so the music seems to be playing more slowly and last so much longer than usual. And the rest of the world is moving more slowly, when in reality it's my brain going too quickly.

I'm sorry I have nothing practical to suggest, but I wanted you to know I read you r post and understood what you're trying to say. Hope you find a way to slow down soon.

Archived