CrazyBoards.org

once in a while I have uncontrolable thoughts. They would race about random things in the past,some are good most are bad,end up halucinating images or thoughtsi n my mind get rid of them.listening to music helps control my thoughts.I am on med and take them everyday.

I'm sorry you are having trouble with this, it can really become overwhelming sometimes.

Is there anything you can identify that sets it off?

Have you talked to a pdoc (psychiatrist) about it, and how it affects you?

You don't mention which meds you take, maybe it's time to ask your pdoc about a tweak to your meds to counteract these unwanted thoughts?

The idea that I'm part of a story is the trigger. My thoughts generate it.This occurs almost constantly. Perscriptions only make it worse, at one time, I was over dosed for quite a while before I realised that the side effects were halucinations from oded

resperidone: 4mg night & 1mg day

topamate

phenetoine

depakote

I really think this is something which needs the input of a pdoc. You shouldn't have to be feeling that it is part of a story. It is something that says to me, unqualified random person on the web as I am, that you need to talk through this feeling with someone who has your mental health history and med history to hand. It can sometimes be hard to trust in a doc, but it's worth the effort. If it is indeed your thoughts feeding it, then maybe a course of CBT could point you in the right direction? Sorry if that's not applicable to your situation, but I don't know you well enough to tell. If it helps to keep posting here, do it. If it helps to have a rant about how you're feeling right now, do it. That's the beauty of CB - you can be brutally honest and not be judged. If you want to share more, feel free. I know from personal experience that it can be hard to really open up, but there are people here who will listen and offer advice, without being offended in the slightest if it's not lapped up and taken on board straight away. Everybody is different, and everybody's experience is different. But we do want to try to make it easier for you to be honest about your feelings, and be straightforward in our replies. Have you seen a pdoc recently? What did they say about your meds/dx (diagnosis)?

Guest warbley24

I have found that with me, meditation is a great aid in my thought life. Being on meds is another help. Its hard to start but really meditation is the answer to thought problems. You cant expect to have a silent mind everytime, especially when you first start out, but it really, really does help with this. Atleast thats for me.

I recomend you look up lifeflow meditation techonology. it will assist you greatly in your quest to tame your mind.

Dave

Archived