CrazyBoards.org

Blocked member

huh. are we getting spammed by banned members?

i was wondering if it was still necessary to keep up the 90 second flood control feature. Maddy and Olga tell me we get a lot of spam. what's going on? anything out of the ordinary, or is it just routine for a site to be spammed?

Maddy and Olga tell me we get a lot of spam. what's going on? anything out of the ordinary, or is it just routine for a site to be spammed?

Yeah, the botnets that send some of it are getting bigger and more sophisticated. More and more spam seems to get through, into my email accounts.

Ach, my friends and I run and website for Fun Lovin' Criminals and recently we were getting spammed 30 times a day or more by addresses generated from gmail. It's such a shame that they appeared to have NO control over who was using their email addresses! Ho hum.

Eventually we managed to stick and finger in the hole (so to speak) and it's slowed down to one or two every couple of days, but yes, it's a real pain in the neck. We are just vigilant and then ban the suckers as soon as we see them...

I've been getting loads into my personal hotmail account too, trying to sell me software. It's either that or things to make my penis larger (even though I don't have one!) ;):)

Archived