CrazyBoards.org

Living with a parinoid

Well, congrats on that, I guess. That's probably what my future husband will say about me one day, hmmmmmm.

Depends. She needed professional care and meds. There was a time she took lexapro and was great. Moral is to stay on meds if needed. Now my life is better without her but I still love her.

I read posts like yours and can't help wondering if that's one of the reasons my husband left me last year. Well, besides him cheating and other stuff... He was the paranoid one, making it a point to meet all my friends and give me commentary later. I told him that my friends had been there before him... and it turns out... AFTER him.

I never could believe that living with my jealous parinoid wife was so much a part of my own anxiety.

Now she is gone

I never felt so alive and free. I feel uncaged, happy and not lonely.

Amazing.

CC

If life is so fabulous without your basket case wife, why do you feel the need to come say p

I never could believe that living with my jealous parinoid wife was so much a part of my own anxiety.

Now she is gone

I never felt so alive and free. I feel uncaged, happy and not lonely.

Amazing.

CC

Ain't that the truth? My psycho ex was incredibly jealous and paranoid. If I was five minutes late, he assumed I was cheating on him (I wasn't). When my ex-boss called, he assumed that I was cheating on him (I wasn't). When my daughter's boyfriend left a different brand of cigarette in the ashtray, he accused me of having someone over when he was away (I didn't). When I told him to stop tickling my daughter, he accused me of accusing him of child molestation (she was not a child and I did no such thing). He accused the neighbors of spying on us (why would they?). He accused the landlord of wanting to tow his truck because it was his truck and not because it was illegally parked (they must have had it in for him or something. I can go on...

The six-ish months that he lived with me were the most hellish and the nightmareish months I have ever lived in my life. I nearly broke before I ran away from him.

Yes, getting away from a paranoid, jealous person can be a relief... but I think my case was extreme - he wasn't medicated and refused to admit anything was wrong with him. He also drank, claimed to have bipolar, and I know that he hallucinated.

you should have found a way to look after her better?

WTF? look after her better? are you trying to say abusive behavior is excusable, or that abusive behavior can be 'cured' by being nicer to the abusive person?? look after them better?? that will just encourage the abusive behavior by REWARDING it.

oh, yeah, i get it...abusers are 'sick' and need sympathy and help...they don't have to take any responsibility for their actions, it's all our faults for not tending to their needs better. *snort* go peddle that shit somewhere else.

you should have found a way to look after her better?

WTF? look after her better? are you trying to say abusive behavior is excusable, or that abusive behavior can be 'cured' by being nicer to the abusive person?? look after them better?? that will just encourage the abusive behavior by REWARDING it.

oh, yeah, i get it...abusers are 'sick' and need sympathy and help...they don't have to take any responsibility for their actions, it's all our faults for not tending to their needs better. *snort* go peddle that shit somewhere else.

AMEN

My marriage exists b/c I stay on my happy pills...this lady wouldn't deal with her problems.

I lived with a jealous and controlling BF for about a year.

Sometimes i miss the pet iguana, but not the BF.

Guest Guest_dizzylady_*

I just want to say it can be great even after 24 years. It doesn't all have to bad.....I feel for you that have a bad life with your mate.

I'm happy in my relationship but still have many problems on my own. Paranoid, anxious, depressed, lonely and very tired. But I can't sleep.

Good Luck to YOU All.

Archived