CrazyBoards.org

DID is back

Because of the severe stress I have been under lately, one of my 10 different personalities is back. Luckily I am with my family. I am severely depressed as well. The main personality that comes out is only 5 years old. My family states (since I can't really remember what goes on during the time that I switch) that my autism is gone when I'm this personality along with my other mental disorders, including the schizoaffective as well. She (my alter) is very happy while I am depressed. Total opposites. I don't think my others have come out. Some days I miss out on at least half the day. I haven't switched in at least a year. I thought for sure that my DID was gone. My 5 year old has the knowledge of what a typical 5 year old child. Nothing went right on my trip. It was a total disaster. My life is nothing but a total failure. How do you deal with your DID?

Firebird, I know that Lysergia always makes an effort to read this board and respond, but she has been very busy with a family emergency.

I know that there are a couple of other people who frequent this forum, but maybe they didn't see your post or didn't know what to say.

For whatever reason, we don't seem to have as many DID folks here as we do bipolar and depressed people, so there aren't as many people to post a response.

I hope that someone will address your concerns and offer support to you.

olga

I read your post. I didn't respond because I don't really relate to what you have written and I don't think that I could offer any helpful suggestions. Our DID is not chaotic anymore, hasn't been for years.

I'm sorry you are so stressed right now. Maybe just dealing with the stress would help. Try to figure out how to work making things less stressful. Things are bound to improve.

For whatever reason, we don't seem to have as many DID folks here as we do bipolar and depressed people, so there aren't as many people to post a response.

Even the moderators for the board are singleton ;)

It might help to spend some time reading through the older topics. I know there has been quite a bit of discussion of how to achieve some sort of balance within a system, or at least to open communications between selves. Communication is not easy, but it is worth it - whether you are working toward complete reintegration or would settle for just finding a working stability.

I am neither a multiple or a doctor!

I might be telling you to do something that'll make the situation worse, not better, so please see what other people think of this before you do it!!!!

Maybe the stress you are under is causing your 5-year old part to demand some play time?

I'm wondering if you could give that aspect of yourself a time and place that is structured, and maybe lure her out to that time/place with toys or kid's books, gotten at a thriftstore to save money, if necessary

After you get stuff for her and set it up in a safe place, talk out loud to her as if she's listening and tell her she can play with her stuff, but only at the set time and hour, and only in the play place.

Best wishes, snotty

Archived