CrazyBoards.org

Can drugs really turn you around that fast?

Guest Guest_itcouldbeworse_*

Guest Guest_itcouldbeworse_*

I changed my antidepressant from bupropion sr 150 once daily to xl 300 once daily, and began to ramp up on lamictal (for seizures) and I immediately felt a lot lot better! I've been doing all the stuff people say I should to feel better (walking, getting sun, eating normal food), but poof, there was my motivation again! For months I've been kind of compulsively stuck at my computer. I had to remind myself that there's no reason I need to be here with this thing on my lap and if I've already read everything I'm interested in, I might as well clean something. The new thing was getting up and doing it without too much hemming and hawing.

Anyone who saw my medical history would expect me to be impulsive, but I have a very hard time initiating activities or making decisions. I put off eating as long as possible so I don't have to decide what to eat (I used to be a really enthusiastic cook, but my appetite's really dried up, and when I spend time in my kitchen I basically spend it all kicking myself about it being dirty and this just pushes dinner back even further since I have to tidy up stuff I didn't get to during the day) - this has been a problem for me that's been increasing in intensity over the past few months, but as I sit here my dishwasher is running a load of dishes I put in there.

I've been trying to mimic the whole housewife thing since I lost my job, but it's beginning to look possible and not completely miserable now! When you're weirdly chained to your computer it's hard to get much done. I also have a few good prospects for jobs, which makes me a little nervous, but more excited than nervous!

I'm going to continue increasing my dose of lamictal over the next month or so, and the effect of the Wellbutrin increase should probably wear off soon, so I need to make sure to keep doing this stuff I'm doing to carry this functionality out into a stabilized routine. Also, it's turning to summer finally, so going outside isn't such a chore (good thing since seizures mean I should not be driving!) and getting some activity in is more pleasant, and doesn't have that creepy, lingering feeling that I'm just doing it because it will fix my body chemistry and I'll enjoy things again.

I just wanted to share a little positivity, since I am so thrilled to be crawling out of the dark cave that has been 2008. But I need to get in the shower, and stop procrastinating at the computer!

itcouldbeworse, I had exactly the same reaction with Wellbutrin. I didn't feel any different at 150, but when I went to 300XL, it was like I woke up out of a coma. I actually felt a little speedy for a couple of days. That calmed down pretty quickly and I just feel kinda "normal." (Whatever THAT is!)

Keep on working on your routine and staying active. All of those things will help to fend off the nasty old depression. I'm glad to hear that you feel so much better.

olga

Archived