CrazyBoards.org

Abilify and panic attacks?

Guest CCBerry

urgh. so last week my Pdoc gave me seroquel which made me pretty much black out. this week she gave me abilify.. I took it last night. didn't feel a thing. woke up, still didn't feel anything.

about 2 hours ago I got a crawling feeling my head, my back went stiff and I'm choking back screaming. I pretty much having nonstop panic attacks - a bird flys by the window and I freak out, my kid steps on a toy I freak out, I swear I'm going to drop dead. I know it's totally NOT going to happen (right?) and these are just panic attacks..

I took 100 mg of zoloft in a panic because I didn't know what else to do. I have a phone phobia so giving the doc a call is really a hard thing for me to do but I should prob do that huh? or would a nice warm bath and a glass of wine work best? ;)

This is a good reason to register to the site and list your meds and doses. If you did, I could see your dosage of abilify. If you started a relatively high (to you, or in general) dose, you could likely be experiencing the famous abilify akathesia. akathesia is defined basically like a really bad inner restlessness, like you can't sit still, you can't stop moving, you are extremely agitated, and yes, you get really, really anxious.

I would recommend you call your pdoc asap and let him/her know your symptoms. If you have a benzo, take it now...

Yes Abilify made me extra manic, I could not sit still and wanted to rip my hair out. Felt like stuff was crawling under my skin and I was on a low dose. Pdoc took me off

immediately and put me on Welbutrin where I hover just below hypomania. Much better than being depressed.

Archived