CrazyBoards.org

Frequent, Frequent Urination

I currently take Wellbutrin, Risperdal, and Klonopin. I've been on various antipsychotics, like Zyprexa, that caused weight gain. I am currently in the "Obese" category on the body mass index. I've also been on other antidepressants.

Has anyone else experienced hyperactivity in the bladder department while on or after taking these medications?

I've read that antipsychotics can affect blood sugar levels, which can cause this unfortunate side effect. The added weight gain can't be good for this either.

I have to pee dozens upon dozens of times a day. It's not uncommon for me to use the restroom four or five times during a stay at the movie theater. Today, I had to visit the toilet six times during one run of CSI.

This prompted me to tell my mother that my medication could be messing with my blood sugar levels, or even causing diabetes. She thinks I'm overreacting, but she says she'll make me an appointment with the doctor next week.

Whoops, I have to go again!

Checking the PI sheets, Wellbutrin doesn't show any urinay side effects. Risperdal shows 5% 'urinary disturbance" (not specified) and in another paragraph >1% reported increased urination. Klonopin is a bit vague but reports of loss of control, retention which would be related to muscle function, which makes sense.

Out of this bunch I don't see an obvious cause. Certainly something isn't right, and you should call your family doctor first thing Monday.

Let us know how you are doing.

a.m.

Sometimes it depends on how much you drink. I take lithium and I drink about 175 ounces of fluid a day. Which only makes sense that I pee every half hour. I've been tested for diabetes, and my blood sugar is fine. And I take TWO AAPs.

Make the appointment with the doc, and be sure to tell them how much you drink in a day.

Let us know what happens.

Today I'll keep track of how much I drink and how much I have to go to the ceramic throne. Yesterday I did cardio so perhaps my drinking to stay hydrated impacted how much I had to go.

EDIT:

Some days I'm fine, but other days like yesterday I just have to go go go! It would be impossible to travel normally in such a state. I can't remember seeing a movie and not going multiple times during the movie. I try to go before the movie starts, but it's still multiple times. No Coke for me!

Yesterday I did cardio so perhaps my drinking to stay hydrated impacted how much I had to go.

Randomness: Kudos on the cardio, Cuttle!

About the OP: I agree with everyone else, a trip to el doctor sounds like the ticket. A log of your fluid intake/output is an excellent idea.

~ May

I have a litre of water on an empty stomach every morning anyway, just to flush out the waterworks!

This is probably going to sound stupid and I am sure you have done it - I would anyway am going to suggest that you just ask your doctor to do a plain and simple bladder infection test before changing any medications?

Archived