CrazyBoards.org

Just requesting some help from those who have been around...I know, I do this often, but please bear with me for now while I learn the ropes.

I am trying to move rigth now, and trying is the rigth word cause I am totally useless. I will start to pack some boxes or whatever, and within 15 min I will have to go lay down cause my head is spinning and I am so very tired...I sleep a lot, 10 hrs a day or so.

Perhaps it's out of frustration, but I am starting to worry that this is beyond what should be expected as a side effect. It's my second week of carbamazepine. I don't think I was quite as tired last week.

Is this within the normal side effect range? Am i supposed to feel utterly exhausted after any ridiculous piddling effort such as moving a few boxes?

Could this signal a serious problem?

Note: I ran to the lab to get my blood done as soon as they opened today. My pdoc' off on vacation, so my GP will be monitoring the blood work; my pdoc told him what to watch for, cause he knows next to nothing about psychiatry (so he wouldn't be the one to ask about the side effects either).

Thanks for your replies. I realy appreciate it; it feels like having friends/mentors who watch over me, and it's very reasuring that I can come here with my questions and worries ;)

My usual energy level is pretty high...as a matter of fact, I tend to switch to hypomania whenever something urgently needs to be done. And I usually sleep about 6-7 hour a day, if I'm normal (eg not during an episode, when it's often less)

The wine's probably not the culpit, because this has been going on for the last 3-4 days...i was a bit off in the morning before, but not as bad as this

Archived