CrazyBoards.org

Lexapro Dosange Time Change

Okay. I've been taking 10 mgs of Lexapro for a long long time, I'd say almost two years. When i first was on it this go-round, I decided a night time dosing would be best for me due to the side effects of sleepiness, dry mouth, and nausea. It was better for me to just sleep through the side effects rather than deal with them.

Recently, I've decided to experiment with this. The reason being a fuckup in my health insurance coverage that is preventing me from getting the dose actually INCREASED for the nonce.

I've started taking the Lexapro in the morning, rather than at night, with the general idea behind it being  that I'll get more effectiveness from the medication during the DAY when I'm (theoretically) awake, rather than at night when I'm (theoretically) sleeping through the most effective part of the medication in my system.

As far as I can gather, Lexapro is NOT an extended-release sort of drug, therefore it is possible for it to wear off slowly at the end of the day. I've been taking it in the morning for about 10 days now, and I've noticed that I'm experiencing side effects about an hour after I take it. The sleepiness, the fuzzy feeling, the dry mouth. the planted-in-one-spot-stationary feeling. Now, is this an indication that I can at least expect something has changed? My experience with meds is that the side effects will wear off to some degree, whuile the benefit remains. I've noticed that I'm more easygoing (for me, lol), in the afternoon and early evening, while I tend to get more agitated at night now. My sleep's been kind of fucked off too.

I guess what I'm wondering is, is this a good idea? Am i fooling myself, do I just need a dosage increase and that's that? Should I get the dosage increase when my insurance kicks back in or should i try something else?

The past ten days I've noticed definite changes, but i don't know if I'm imagining it, or if it really is working more during the day. Really anyone's thoughts or opinions are welcome as hell. And really, thanks to anyone who bothered to read this. ;)

I'm no help

I went back to 10mg

after 20 seemed

too much

but I split the tabs

took them about 10 hours

apart

the effects never stopped

10mg is enough

for now

almost

my ocd triggers

aren't as

active

but,I'm eating too much

klonopin

Shit!

do I really know what

is happening?

Stasis

When I took Lexapro, my doc was fairly insistent on morning dosing. The short period of sleepiness about an hour after taking it never did entirely go away, but it was so minor that I forgot to notice it most of the time.

Lex has a 27 - 32 hour half life according to the main Crazymeds site, so while you might be getting a bit more benefit during the first several hours, it really shouldn't lose much effectiveness at all between doses.

Since its precursor Celexa has now gone generic perhaps your insurance would cover it. 10 mgs Lexapro will be equivalent to somewhere between 20 & 40 mgs Celexa (depending on which studies you're reading).

Greeny

When I took Lexapro, my doc was fairly insistent on morning dosing. The short period of sleepiness about an hour after taking it never did entirely go away, but it was so minor that I forgot to notice it most of the time.

Lex has a 27 - 32 hour half life according to the main Crazymeds site, so while you might be getting a bit more benefit during the first several hours, it really shouldn't lose much effectiveness at all between doses.

Since its precursor Celexa has now gone generic perhaps your insurance would cover it. 10 mgs Lexapro will be equivalent to somewhere between 20 & 40 mgs Celexa (depending on which studies you're reading).

Greeny

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

the PI sheet notes that the peak plasma concentration of lexapro occurs 5 hours after dosing.  i noticed thats when the side effects for me are the greatest, but I feel them in half an hour after dosing.   

yeah i agree with the idea to try generic celexa.. im sure 40mg is close to 10mg of lexapro but id imagine its _at least_ somewhat more powerful, since the studies cant come up with a definite conclusion as to what the R-citalopram (inactive molecule) actually does.

Archived