CrazyBoards.org

If I wasn't so depressed, I'd kill myself

:)   I hate my life, called my dad after not talking to him in years and we had this really long conversation. Basically he knew all about my mother being an abusive wacko, but loved her too much to deal with it.... ;)   Told me about missing years of my child hood, that I really would have been better off not remembering.

I know that if I tried to kill myself, I'd screw it up some how, I'm to much of a chicken to try right now and don't want to go through the rest of my stupid life maimed from a failed suicide attempt. But I really want to just die.

First, killing yourself won't solve anything or change anything present or past.

Second, your dad is seriously messed up himself. I think he can be added to the list of abusive people in your life. And not someone you need a lot more contact with.

Third, killing yourself won't help.

What will help is to keep moving forward. Therapy sounds like a very good idea, it can help you deal with all this stuff in a less self-destructive way. You have value for who you are, and while it can be very hard it is possible to put the past behind us and move on.

Come visit with us in the PTSD forum, you'll find support from people with similar experiences there.

Fiona

Told me about missing years of my child hood, that I really would have been better off not remembering.
I have always been of the opinion that I would rather know why I was fucked-up than not.  At least then I can learn from it.  I am sure it sucks now, but in the long run hopefully it will actually make dealing with your depression easier.  I know that isn't much solace, but it is something.

But I really want to just die.

Hang in there.  It will get better.  Until it does, we are listening.

Panz, all I can say is that I honestly feel really bad that you are feeling so terrible right now.  I didn't read this until after I sent you a PM.  I hate it when something triggers depression like that, although for me it seems to be ridiculously mundane things most of the time.  Please know that I am here for you and I care about you.  If you think there is any way that I can help please let me know.  --HF

Archived