CrazyBoards.org

I need to hear some of those reasons

I am so, so tired and I can't come up with any of my own reasons anymore. Everyones familieies survives a suicide thats just the way it is life goes on. I want to stay so badly but I've run out of reasons to stay. Does anybody have any? Lie to me. Anything to make feeling this go away...

Lilie

Because it really can (and does) get better.

Because the next med may be the perfect one!

Because life changes and something great could happen.

Because you are a worthy person and even when you feel no worth that truth still holds.

Because many others have been where you are and are now glad they stayed to try another day.

Because those who will be in that place after you will need you to tell them they will make it, just like you did.

You might win the lottery next week.

You could have the best hair day of your entire life coming soon.

Something read actually makes you smile.

The fresh air smells sooooo good.

I will think of some more.

CC~

Lilie,

It's depression. One of its most insidious aspects is how it makes you think that there is no hope, no joy, no end to these dark days.

But it's not true. You WILL feel better. I know you don't feel it or believe it right now, but it's true. When it's too hard to think weeks, months or years ahead, don't. Just get through today. It's just one day. You can do that.

Remember that the people who answer you here have been where you are. I know that I didn't really believe that I was going to make it out of this last bout. At times I didn't even want to. But, yay for the right meds, good therapy, and time.

At least give yourself the chance to get through this.

Greeny

I have been in your shoes just recently. I said I would wait until after all the birthdays, which would be September, and here it is August and the feeling went away. But I gave myself permission to feel that way. I just put it off to the future.

I hope you feel better Lilie. I know how much it sucks. Call your Pdoc if it gets too bad. I am a survivor of suicide and that sucks too.

Thank you so much I'm still crying and feeling poorly but I'm gonna hang on. Maybe it's just my med. I just started on remeron. It's been a week and I'm also just coming off of my period. I know those are stupid reasons but I'm trying every excuse I can to keep myself here.

Lilie

Lilie, your reasons for feeling anything you are feeling are not stupid.  It's how you feel.  It's completely valid.  No one can really control how we feel about anything, we can only control how we react to those feelings and sometimes, we can't even control that.

I could give you every cliche in the book about why you should choose to live but it's up to you to actually make that choice.  And of course, I'm sure everyone else here will agree that we all hope you do stick around with us. 

You are not alone.

We might not be standing right next to you, but there are a ton of us out there in the world who know how you're feeling because we feel it too.  Know what?  It fucking sucks.  And none of us can really guarantee that we'll get happy and never feel like shit again--but at least to me, the prospect of coming out of it is worth it to me.  I hope it is to you too. 

Give the remeron a little bit of time to get comfortable in your body.  Hopefully, it will do the trick.  Keep posting--keep talking with us.  You're not alone and we would definitely miss you.

xxx

Hey if you can putter, that is something.

I hope you feel better soon Lilie.

I so hate those down times. It always seems like forever. Thank the universe it usually isn't.

Wishing you a brighter day, a good cup of java or tea (whichever you prefer), a soft breeze, and much peace.

CC~

Puttering's good. If you can, step out for a walk...maybe hit a bookstore or grab a movie? Or not. Rent a video? Whatever will take your mind off the crappy present for a little while. If it all sucks too much, come back and read all the cool posts here written for you. Sarahnoid's right; you're not alone.

the other Lily

Hi,

I'm new here, but I just wanted to let you know I want to support u and everyone else too.  I have been suffering from depression on and off for a long time, and I've been at a fairly low plateau for the last six months or so--

anyway, what i wanted to say was that if you get to where you are feeling super ultra low and hopeless and feel like you're really freaking out because nothing will help you even for a little while, just remind yourself that you are enduring a lot and being very brave and strong for just continuing to try.  It is heroic I think to simply try your best and deal with the situation as best you know how.  Remind yourself of this a lot, that you are doing something right by continuing to try and just surviving.  Reward yourself for this if you can... like the last poster wrote, it's a good idea to go rent a movie or something... that really helps me sometimes because it gets me out of the house and gives me something to get my mind off of stuff and can really help more than i would think.

btw, you can ignore this if u want, but i think a good novel to cheer somebody up is

"a wild sheep chase" by haruki murakami--

it's really VERY fun to read, adventurous, modern, the 1st person narrator is very likable, it's VERY EASY to follow even if you are having trouble concentrating--it's one of those books that kind of reads effortlessly but it's really a heck of a lot of fun......

sorry if i'm being kind of random,, i'm just throwing stuff out that has helped me before and may help others.....

i hope i'm not giving bad advice/ stupid info....... (it is 5:47 AM, so i guess that's kind of an excuse)

I really hope you feel better.

jamie

if you get through this - you get to be the poster child for depression. which is actually quite special sometimes. tiring but special.

because things do get better. it's so patronising to say this, but at one point, you get to see the sun through a tree, you get to taste an amazing cheesecake, you laugh again until you think you're going to pee yourself.

do whatever you can to see tomorrow. get drunk, take passing-out meds (yay seroquel!) and have a sleep, eat nachoes, read children's books, watch Teletubbies, get a puppy. because tomorrow with inconvenience is better than no tomorrow at all.

;) so you hang on, you keep thinking of every reason you can, you do everything there is. you try another med, blah blah blah, and then another one etc. what then? when is it ok just to say hey, been trying, had enough? everything I've ever used as a reason would be better off without me screwing them up. My animals, my jobs, my house - there isn't one of them that someone else couldn't do better.

Even my t-doc, she tries really hard, but I ran out of stuff to say to her months ago. How many different ways can you say that everything about you sucks and you really are just wasting time space and money by carrying on. So now she's even running out of things to say. And in between we've tried a couple of spells in hospital, so many meds I can't even remember, ECT...even a different p-doc because the guy I've seen for 6 years had some kind of thing and disappeared. New p-doc? Nice guy. New meds. Don't work either. How long is enough before it's cool to say tried hard but I'm outta here??

Archived