CrazyBoards.org

Constant mild hypomania

I'm considering myself very stable right now, I have finally found a good cocktail consisting of Lamictal, Fluanxol, Lexapro and Edronax. Finally everything seems to work out for me. My ADHD is almost under control thanks to Edronax. Still lazy as fuck, but I guess that's just the way I am. Anywaaay, I'm worrying that I might feel a bit too good. Hehe like I even thought that was possible when I was depressed.

I'm feeling very hyper, very social and (this is embarassing) like I'm a very very very good person. I usually have problems with a bad self image. And I'm oversexual like hell! I've had a few very short episodes of hypomania, usually lasting only a few hours. I'm diagnosed with Bipolar type II with extremely rapid cycling. Well I seem to be over the rapid cycling, things have been good for over a month now, which is a miracle to me.

Gettning off track here. Anyway, so I know what hypomania is like, and it was way worse than this, like me climbing the walls literally. Jumping up and down and running around annoying people and getting furious because damn people speak and think so slowly.

But this really remind me of hypomania, even if it's way milder. Even the idea of depression seems so far away. Like why would I be sad when life is so damn great and I have so many plans for the future and I'm loving everything. Isn't it ironic how even the idea of feeling good feels impossible when you are depressed, and when you are manic you don't think things will ever change... I've always had that problem, thinking things will never change even though they always change. I am after all Bipolar. Things change in my world.

Anyway, my question here is if a sort of constant state of very mild hypomania is dangerous because it could lead to a real mania? I've never had classic mania, ever. And I'm controlling it thanks to Lamictal and Fluanxol.

So can I continue to feel this good, please?

Wouldn't it be great if we could find a cocktail that lets us hover in that magic zone of YEAAAAAAAAHHHH?  Maybe you are really lucky and you have found that.  But I wouldn't bet on it.  I have never had a episode of manic euphoria that didn't turn into suckiness.  Enjoy it while it lasts.  It is one of the few perks of BP.  ;)

Helena, at some point last year when I was feeling so much better than I had been in quite some time (shortly after bipolar dx after decades of treatment for major depression) I asked my therapist "Can I keep on feeling this good?" she replied that yes I could.

I'm feeling very hyper, very social and (this is embarassing) like I'm a very very very good person. I usually have problems with a bad self image. And I'm oversexual like hell! I've had a few very short episodes of hypomania, usually lasting only a few hours. I'm diagnosed with Bipolar type II with extremely rapid cycling. Well I seem to be over the rapid cycling, things have been good for over a month now, which is a miracle to me.

So can I continue to feel this good, please?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

This answer is in Green.

Because I'm Green with Envy.

I don't know the answer to your question, but keep us posted.

If it lasts, I would _so_ love to be on what you're on...

Nice warm orange bit to say I'm really want it to last for you, you deserve your share of sunshine!

My husband would live in that state if he could. Problem is you don't get to stay in hypomania land forever. You are alway on the edge of falling into full blown mania and psychosis. And the longer you go trying to stay in this state, the harder it can be to treat you once you flip into mania. (See previous posts on kindling). Hubby's last episode has lead to severe depression...something he never had to face before. It has taken about 2years for him to get out of it.

Anyway, my question here is if a sort of constant state of very mild hypomania is dangerous because it could lead to a real mania? I've never had classic mania, ever. And I'm controlling it thanks to Lamictal and Fluanxol.

I was hypomanic for about 3 years from 1999-2002. 2003 all hell broke loose on me when I start having panic attacks and dysphoric mania. The following year I came very close to ending it all (all of this happened while I was under medication). Then I started having psychotic symptoms.

It's a risky proposition because it doesn't last.

Archived