CrazyBoards.org
Sign in to follow this  
mika

What does your display name mean?

I am the darkchylde, handle chyldedark because someone 'stole' my username on another forum a long time ago. The name represents the most stable part of my personality (at one point I identified 7 discrete 'moods' or behavioural sets), or at least my conception of a combination of behavioural traits that occur when I am somewhat functional without being manic. It is my 'normal' personality, or at least as close to normal as I get.

It also reflects the biggest affliction and pre-occupation I have: the darkness. This is my name for the absence of all hope that comes upon me and draws me down into the void. (For further explanation of this and my present mental state c.f. darkness) I am, and my personality is to a large extent a product of that struggle and that existence, down in the void.

So really, that name reflects me, and my life, till I figure out who 'I' 'am'.

dc

Uh... in the US Army, MPs (Military Police) are often referred to as Mudpuppies.

It can be derogetory, or affectionate, depending on who is addressing whom.

My nickname was chosen for a cat I used to have who was named after the creature in the movie Gremlins because she looked exactly like it. See picture under my name for visual explanation.

She was an extremely odd cat and had definite "issues." As such, I think the nickname fits me well.

Mine comes from "you dunno jack." "jack" being "stuff to know" and I'd rather try to be faster on the learning curve because I often feel I'm slower than I should be so I want know "jack"... "quicker"... okay so it's kinda lame but I wasn't allowed "JustJack" (which has props to my good friend and former neighbor of W&G fame and still, I wanna 'just know stuff'...get it?) which I use all over the web elsewhere. In a naughtily perverse way it has "sexual" connotations too... in various sense of the verb "to be" (imperative or state of being, take your pick, hoo hoo!) whatever... now that everyone is surely retching... ;) There is something to be said for hypersexuality, no?

Back to earth... "Jack" is my favorite character name and nearly all of my fabulist short stories have "Jack" as a character somewhere. It's an awesome generic to play with as a literary stand-in for other things. In fact, "Jack" is also the protag in my upcoming novel... (fingers crossed as we go into meetings soon)

Edited by JackBQuick

Mine is because I thought Bitchywoman wouldn't be well taken, so I made my name witchywoman instead. Still kinda fits. I can be bitchy/witchy. ;)

Mine is because I thought Bitchywoman wouldn't be well taken, so I made my name witchywoman instead. Still kinda fits. I can be bitchy/witchy. ;)

I think bitchywoman would've been fucking hilarious.

hee hee

I'm named after the tenth Doctor, who lives in my head. :)

Nice to meet you, Ms. Noble.

;) Well, in real life I am a "Supertemp" so...thanks!

Guest Vapourware

"Vapourware" is a term used in the computer industry about a product that is publicly announced when either in development or before development, but doesn't look as though it will ever be released. It's usually about software but it can also be about platforms and hardware.

I use the name because I find the term and lists of vapourware amusing - no other deep meaning ;) Some vapourware is tragically humourous (like Duke Nukem Forever), and others are just crazy (Project Xanadu).

Its nothing more than a play on my actual given name. I've used it on and off over the years. This is the last place I do use it, actually, as this is the only message board I participate in anymore.

Thunderstorm because, well, I can get kinda cloudy and stormy and sometimes my moodswings feel like a thunderstorm in full swing.

That, and my favouritest weather ever is *just* before a ripper of a storm. I get 'storm brain' - kind of a giddy, euphoric feeling, instigated purely by the buildup of energy in the air. It's awesome.

I came up with the name years ago for a Yugioh community I posted to, and it came to mean much more then the sum of it's two words when I accepted the bipolar DX. So for here to me it means Happy Bipolarist. LOL. If such a thing exists I'm it! ;)

mine rhymes. that's about it. a grouse is a kind of chubby ground-dwelling bird and a mouse is a ground-dwelling non-bird. one'll nibble holes in your socks while the other can explode out of the bushes just as you walk by and damn-near stop your heart. especially if you're in bear country and just saw a bear ripping apart a stump for ants. stupid bird. not that i am personally prone to any such activity. i just liked the name.

grouse.

Mine actually has more than one meaning....

I like the night, Darkend Hours.... when people ask thats what I usually tell them.

The other is much more dark... I feel as if I am in the Darkend Hour of my life, MI that I still do not have a grip over (not that I ever will completely) and things are just not umm well not the way I had foreseen them to be...

but hey who grows up saying, "when I grow up I want to be crazy to the point of being disabled, not be able to work or really go out on my own....." right?

Oh and I don't like the correct spelling of Darkened... it looks weird to me.

A nestling is a baby bird, also associated with affection and comfort. Symbolically connected with attachment stuff, independence, and comfort.

Chosen kinda out of the blue, I guess, because I sought out this website when I was feeling really bad and less than human, so my username was kinda determined based on the whim of that current mood.

Whenever I write these things, I feel like such an a dumb little girl. I am. I really don't like myself. Pdoc once asked me how I felt when I was suicidal and I said "dirty".

I felt I wasn't worth living, life wasn't worth living, and I was a dirty, disgusting ALIEN. I didn't belong here.

I also feel that my MI alienates me from normality. Ok, yes, so there's the meaning.

As always with myself, everything is dark, weird and has double meanings. Goddamn confusing as hell, it seems.

Edited by Alien.

Saturnine: "gloomy, morose, sluggish, grave," 1433, lit. "born under the influence of the planet Saturn,"

During the Renaissance saturnine was often used to describe a melancholy state. That's the angle I was choosing, and I'm pretty fascinated with space in general, so...

I'm not sure if it was me or someone else here but a few years ago I was still saturnine but everyone called me S9, so I changed it officially sometime this year.

started off as presentjoy. i juuuust changed it to peeej - because that's what everyone started calling me. PJ. Or Peejie. or variations thereof.

what does it mean? kind of about living in the moment and finding joy in unexpected places. at the time it was what i wished for, but didn't really embody. peace out.

the film 'One....cuckoo's nest' was, i thought, a fair rendition of the "care" that went on in rubber rooms that i had been in and out of during the 60's and 70's. randal patrick mcmurphy is the protagonist in the book, play and finally the movie. ken kesey made his bones with the early 60's book release. i had been to huge, drug drenched, totally hedonistic happenings that kesey and crew had thrown down on the cali coast. in part i identify with the character, certainly with the era.

mental wards are not much improved but now Thorazine isn't in the little paper cups that come around the ward four times a day. now ya get nothing but time to waste waiting for something helpful to happen and figuring out who is going to fly off the handle and throw furniture and fists. ain't planning to get bakered again but i never know.

Edited by r.mcmurphy