Anyone with similar feelings?

HI all

I am a 33 year old female from australia who up until last week thought that I had all my shit together - but didnt Karma come and bite me on the arse big time!! I was the one who was always proud to say that I dont understand depression, but boy oh boy I get it know.

Apart from the darkness and dread and general inability to care about anything, I have a feeling of every thing not being real, what are we doing here, what is the reason. I am trying my best to be 'normal' but the minute my mind is able to i get this feeling of not being real.

I have been to the dr and he has put me on Pristiq (at a half dose until my body is used to side effects)

Does anyone else have these feelings?

Hello greenkoala,

Nice to welcome another Aussie, there are a few of us on here now!

I hope the Pristiq takes effect soon & that you begin feeling better. In conjunction with meds & therapy, I find CB to be a great source of support & information on my depression & related issues, hope you do too.

All the best,

Misty ;)

Welcome greenkoala. I am very new here, but I think this place is awesome!

I've often wondered if being awake and dreaming are the opposite of what we think they are. Like when you are awake you are actually in a dream and vise versa. I've also had experiences where it was like I wasn't actually in my body, I would look down and see my body as if it were something new to me..... like is it real, how does it move or do things, it looks werid...

I gave up trying to be "normal" a long time ago, I sucked at it.

I hope you are able to find the support here that I know we all need, I've only been on here for a few days and I'm already feeling better in the sence that I know I'm not the only one out there.

(Holy crap I finally posted something where spell check didn't need to correct anything!!!)

Welcome to CB

I get that stuff too - don't recognize myself when I look in the mirror, decide I'm an alien and/or a robot and/or not a real human being, feel like I'm watching myself, decide that nothing exists.

For me, it's usually one or more of the dissociation/depersonalization/derealization cluster.

NOT fun.

Looking forward to seeing you around.

Hello, Greenkoala, and Welcome to Crazyboards!

I think you'll find that quite a few people on CB feel the way you do. Unfortunately, its part of the illness. I hope Pristiq does good things for you.

CB also has blogs, a chat room along with lots of good advice and support from other members.

If you have any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to PM a Moderator.

Best wishes,

Phoenix

Archived