Pristiq interactions with herbal remedies?

I posted an update in a different thread a few months ago...

I've been on Pristiq now for about 5 months now for anxiety and insomnia- I quit alcohol and caffeine at the same time. It doesn't seem to be working as well as I feel it should, but I don't know if it's because I'm comparing it to my experience with Celexa, which left me numb to everything. Celexa "cured" my anxiety- but I also didn't have any other emotions either. I find the prestiq to be not as numbing, to the point that I wonder if it is working. But, I have been having less catastrophic thoughts and have been less irritable. Also, people in my life (i.e. my boyfriend, therapist) notice a difference with my anxiety and reactions in general. My insomnia is not getting better at all!! This is what is killing me. Celexa worked for that, but it had too many side effects and made me too numb...

I have been trying to ease into a more natural remedy for everything. I've been doing Yoga, breathing exercising, vitamins, going to the gym, acupuncture, auricular acupuncture, Chinese Herbal Medicine, and therapy.

I have checked with interactions on all of the vitamins and natural remedies so far and have ran into no problems. However, I want to try taking a nighttime tea that contains St. John's Wort and the Medication Guide for Prestiq says not to take St. John's Wort.

Does anyone know why? Is it basically because it may make someone sleepy or is there a more severe interaction?

My doctor has me on Lunesta for my insomnia, but I do not like taking it...I would really like to have a natural nighttime routine that was more natural and less medicinal.

Any thoughts?? Thank You!!

Archived