• 13 - 17
    • 18 - 21
    • 22 - 29
    • 30 - 39
    • 40 - 49
    • 50 - 59
    • 60 - 69
    • 70 +
  2. 2. Do you ever feel like age plays a role here at CB?

• Yes, I feel like I have difficulty relating to some people because they are so much older/younger than I am.
    • No, I never notice age as a problem here whatsoever.
    • Sometimes it comes up, but that is only natural. Other than that, it's all good.

I'm 24. As for relating to other members, I usually don't have a problem. In real life, I get along and relate to people of all ages. I think responses from the wide variety of ages on this board actually helps members more. We get a different perspective on life.

I am 52 and if I keep saying it maybe I will quit thinking I am talking about someone else

a guy I took care of recently told me "Wondernut life is like a roll of toilet paper the closer you get to the end the faster it spins" he is right!!! I blink and a year goes by so probably limiting myself to only being able to relate to a certian group is not to my advantage now!

my husband is my age ..I have never chosen my companions by age only by appeal ;)

and really I find pretty much everyone appealing in life ...well except the unappealing ones ..if you do something to intentionally hurt other people or animals or this planet in general .. and then feel good about yourself....I am probably not going to relate to you ..old young or whatever

otherwise I am good from the womb to the tomb .

Randomness:

This thread has been around long enough that my original vote is now incorrect.

~ May

Randomness:

This thread has been around long enough that my original vote is now incorrect.

~ May

Haha, I was thinking that too.

My husband is 7 years younger, and is actually the youngest inlaw/sibling in my family, whereas I am the oldest. But he is the oldest of his family.

Generally, 7 years doesn't make a difference. But I was born in 1963, and have a strange memory, so I remember a lot of the upheaval: The first time I saw my dad cry was when MLK, Jr., was shot, and my mom hid us in the basement during the rioting.

One thing I thought was interesting is that while there was looting, the only places that didn't get trashed were the one nice Italian restaurant that seated anyone, and the Grocery that would let moms pay a little at a time for gallons of milk.

I also remember a lot of the Vietnam war (I remember dreaming about it before I went to kindergarten, I was scared of the war). And the impeachment hearings, and the late 60s in general. I actually heard a liberal talk show host (I am a pinko-commie, myself) give the wrong date for the Nixon resignation, and realized I was not yet 11 years old when that happened, yet I remembered the date. That was such a tumultuous time in our history, that having experienced it is a lot different than reading about it, even if I was a kid at the time. It is the one area where we have trouble relating, because he considers it history, and I consider it memories.

You forgot to mention the first moon wallk ( I mean you do remember BUNCHES, all significant but...) you cant forget that. When I was 4 I remember sitting in front of the TV and that grainy black and white image of the astronaut standing there.. After that I expected there to be flying cars to be around within the decade. I also remember Nixon's impeachment and his jowls and how they would shake when he swore he didn't do it. I vaguely remember the hippy movement. My dad drove one of those VW vans for the longest time. I do remember the ugliness of the war.

Edited by Scrufuss

Oh, the moon walks! If one of the moonwalks occurred during school hours, the entire school crammed into the library to watch the single TV the school owned (ah, the 60s/early 70s). I remember them, but I think I was still too young to realize how astounding of an accomplishment it was.

Being 50, I would have great difficulty in relating some of my issues (particularly issues of an extremely personal nature) to anyone I either did not know or was significantly younger than me. Plus, if they are under 18 it could bring a whole legal mess down.

While I do occasionally post here, personal issues I have are not for the Internet.

I'm 40. Which is so weird to me, because I only just recently stopped wondering why someone would entrust four children to me, because I must be too young, right? I have an almost 16 year old son, whuh huh?

To my chagrin, in looking over poster's ages, I found myself a bit surprised that some of the people that have given me great support and advice are so young. I'm embarrassed to admit that, because in general I try to accept the wisdom from people without regard to age (one of the wisest people I've ever met is 8).

The only time age has come up for me at CB in any real way is when a poster suggested that I would eventually have to just "get over" my body dysphoria because when I got older I would see that my body would change... sigh. If only it were that simple.

Edited by dedoubt

I'm (just turned) 21. Often I feel a lot less experienced/qualified to give advice than other people on here, especially since I've only (!) been in the system three years and feel like I have so little handle on my own stuff.

I'm 21; great to get to talk to people around my age on here with the same issues. Then again, I can relate to pretty much anyone in any age group about this stuff.

Actual age; 25. Age I seem to act; 16. I think my subconscious is making up for time depression stole from me, preventing me from acting my age. Or thats what I like to think.

I'm 18, turning 19 later this year and i've found so far on this site that age isn't a problem. Sure i've wondered how old people may be but it doesn't influence how I see them.

Im 19 going on 20, and I feel like having a mix age range is a very good thing. I don't really see a problem with it at all. Personlly I feel I get on with the older memeber and many have given great experince. As many have had similar experinces as me

Also 40-mumble.

One of my best friends is 18 years younger than me. The other is 20 years older than me. They're both officially dx crazy. That all probably means something.