Wellbutrin activating, what to take to combat that effect?

I have been feeling like I need bumped up to 300 mgs on wellbutrin again, and I get activated at that dose, what could I add to make it better? I need the AD effect of wellbutrin, it's been a miracle drug for me for years, but I just get racing thoughts a bit after being on 300 mgs for awhile. Can you think of anything I Could ask Pdoc about? I don't see her again until November, but I am thinking of calling to see if I can see her sooner...

Should I give up on wellbutrin and try another antidepressant? Zooft made me like a zombie, Serzone helped until real stress set in, paxil was okay but I was numbed out and celexa was okay for awhile but stopped working. Those are the ones I've tried and I really need to get out of this funk. Its awful to think that I will be like this over the holidays...

That's a good call, I think maybe seroquel added to my cocktail instead of just taking abilify will help combat the racing mania I tended to get at 300 mgs on wellbutrin...thanks for the suggestion dianthus!

I am glad the wellbutrin is still working for you S9. ;) It's been a great drug for me too. :)

I'm not crazy about adding more meds solely to counteract the effects of other meds. It looks like you've tried SSRI's and the WB. I'd suggest trying cymbalta or effexor, or just increasing abilify, to combat your depression. Actually, now that I'm thinking about it, upping abilify might really be worth trying first.

I'm not crazy about adding more meds solely to counteract the effects of other meds. It looks like you've tried SSRI's and the WB. I'd suggest trying cymbalta or effexor, or just increasing abilify, to combat your depression. Actually, now that I'm thinking about it, upping abilify might really be worth trying first.

I know my pdoc won't let me up the abilify, we've talked about it. But I don't know what she's gonna wanna do between now and November when I see her next. I finally called, so we'll see what she wants to do. I really am tired of feeling so depressed and sad. I'll post about what she decides to do for me tomorrow when her med nurse calls me back. wacko.gif

Archived