This may (or may not) make since but I'd like to know that if something(s) working for you, how do you keep yourself from messing with it (medication mix)? I'd like suggestions so I don't go through life wanting to change my medicine all the time...

I think you have to figure out, for yourself, *why* it is that you want to constantly change your meds, even when they are working. I mean, there isn't a medication that will keep you from wanting to change your meds. Have you discussed this in therapy?

Therapy. Lots and lots of CBT. You need to stop your destructive repetitive ingrained behaviors and start on a path to better health and healing. I seriously doubt you will be able to change your thought patterns on your own. Therapy will give you the tools and the outlet to vent your feelings and emotions without feeding on your compulsion to change medications all the time.

• 1 month later...

I, for one, can understand this sentiment. For me, it's a matter of getting tired of one set of side effects, even if the drug is effective and the side effects are not that severe. I start to get restless and start thinking that maybe another regimen with a different set of side effects starts to look more attractive. Perhaps a case of "grass is always greener on the other side of the hill" kinda thing. But these days, my regimen is fairly stable. I guess because I feel like I've tried every medication under the sun and also quite a few number of combos. I'm tired of the medgo round.

I think if you just give yourself some time you will settle down too.

--lluv

Maybe you could keep a journal of the effects and side effects of your current and past meds, and keep track of your feelings. It might also give you a more realistic look at things, a way to remember WHY you are on the current meds you are, and that they really are working.... Kind of reality test yourself when you sort of idealize the idea of changing meds and what that might do for you.

You could also try setting up a reward system for yourself, where you do nice things for yourself if you go a certain period without changing your meds, to give you something to look forward to.

And yes, therapy would probably be helpful, and CBT might help you change some of those destructive thoughts. But, at least you are recongizing the pattern now, which means it may be easier to change it....

Anna

Archived