my body is quivering/shaking

Um, so I went on a long walk tonight and I'm trying to go to sleep (It's 6am) but it feels like my muscles are vibrating. I'm not even sure where to begin googling that. It feels like a heart palpitation but in my muscles.

I have a medical condition where I can get muscle fatigue easily, so maybe it's just that, or a med side effect, or me discovering an entirely new flavour of craziness. It feels really uncomfortable.

Ideas anybody?

It's much less severe today, just coming and going a little bit. My hands are shaky but they sometimes just lose fine motor control anyway. It happened (milder) a week or so ago after I took my dog for a walk. I took my blood sugar then and it was okay. I drank some hydralyte just in case.

I wasn't even exercising enough to breathe harder but if my muscles are having to work harder anyway that could make sense. If it happens again I'll go see my GP just so I'm not worrying about it.

So I found this from emedicine:

Enhanced Physiologic Tremor

This is an action tremor similar to the essential tremor, best seen when the hands are outstretched and fingers spread apart. It is seen in association with intense anxiety and in situations of stress. It can also be associated with certain disease states such as hyperthyroidism and hypoglycemia; in withdrawal syndromes (alcohol or sedatives withdrawal for example); and associated with drugs [coffee, tea, lithium (Eskalith, Lithobid)].

I found a few articles that say amitriptyline can cause cause physiologic tremor. It happened again tonight but just in my hands. I can't see my GP until Tuesday; and my Pdoc won't even be in her office until Thursday.

Archived